United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
So, because I like the color Red better than the color Blue, I should now reveal my true allegiance to Red and give up both my role and Mike's?

As you can see... "I play as Red". It is hard not being red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay. Playing conservative is fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't be a downer, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Next trip: Ireland!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
So, because I like the color Red better than the color Blue, I should now reveal my true allegiance to Red and give up both my role and Mike's?

I don't know. What came up when you spun your Wheel of Personalities this morning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisper Brady

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whats up everyone? We done with this round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Azgard12 wrote:

I don't know. What came up when you spun your Wheel of Personalities this morning?

It landed on "more busy than normal."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am quite jealous of the 200+ posts in the Command Post.

While waiting for Brian to address hostage transfers ...

slinkydink: Your microbadge says you're Baha'i. That's pretty interesting, considering it's such a small religion (I had never heard of it myself until my best friend started dating a Baha'i). How did you become Baha'i? Do you currently practice?

Brady: How did it go with the kids this morning? What did you play?

Clyde: Were you able to make it on stage on time on Friday?? I imagined you missing your cue while daydreaming about Merlin. How did the performance go?

Mike: You were asking Clyde about Cruisin' for a Blusin'? Do you enjoy dancing?

Brian: Are you in any other games now? What do you think your chances are of getting your friends to play a game of Resistance with you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Brady: How did it go with the kids this morning? What did you play?

That class is later in the day and we're visiting the library today (per school orders). We're also doing an activity on following instructions.

Tomorrow we're starting up games where the rules change based on what cards say (a lot of games fall into this) so we've got a lot. Fluxx, for one, and also Summoner Wars.

Edit:
In my normal English classes, we're doing a very mature unit on ABUSE. Using Pink's music video of "Try" (well, the live one from the VMAs or Grammies or whatever) and "Radio Flyer" and a documentary "Dear Zachary". Each is emulating a text: a poem, a fictional piece, and a non-fiction item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:

Does Dance Dance Revolution count?

I did a lot of dancing my last 2 years of college (at Penn State) and continued doing it a bunch for a few years after college (mostly going to workshops). I learned Lindy Hop, Blues, Charleston, Balboa. I took a weekly workshop learning close embrace tango (which was a lot different from the others.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:

slinkydink: Your microbadge says you're Baha'i. That's pretty interesting, considering it's such a small religion (I had never heard of it myself until my best friend started dating a Baha'i). How did you become Baha'i? Do you currently practice?

That's me! Born and raised in a Baha'i family and yes, it is a very important part of my life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:

Edit:
In my normal English classes, we're doing a very mature unit on ABUSE. Using Pink's music video of "Try" (well, the live one from the VMAs or Grammies or whatever) and "Radio Flyer" and a documentary "Dear Zachary". Each is emulating a text: a poem, a fictional piece, and a non-fiction item.

Ha. Netflix has been trying to get me to watch "Dear Zachary" for quite some time now. Its director, Kurt Kuenne, was the main guest of honor last year at a local film festival, and he held Q&A sessions after several screenings of his movies. I was impressed with him - he seemed very down-to-earth and personable. His cute short film "Validation" is up on Youtube and though I like the trailer more than I liked the film itself, I would recommend "Shuffle" if you're looking for another film of his to watch. On the surface, it is a sci-fi movie about a man who finds himself reliving a different point in his life every time he wakes up (time travel within his own life). So he'll wake up and be 11 years old one day and 30 years old the next. It's black and white and kind of Frank Capra-esque.

Is ABUSE an acronym for something or do you mean actual abuse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Azgard12 wrote:

Edit:

Ha. Netflix has been trying to get me to watch "Dear Zachary" for quite some time now. Its director, Kurt Kuenne, was the main guest of honor last year at a local film festival, and he held Q&A sessions after several screenings of his movies. I was impressed with him - he seemed very down-to-earth and personable. His cute short film "Validation" is up on Youtube and though I like the trailer more than I liked the film itself, I would recommend "Shuffle" if you're looking for another film of his to watch. On the surface, it is a sci-fi movie about a man who finds himself reliving a different point in his life every time he wakes up (time travel within his own life). So he'll wake up and be 11 years old one day and 30 years old the next. It's black and white and kind of Frank Capra-esque.

Is ABUSE an acronym for something or do you mean actual abuse?

I'll bet actual abuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we try not to get tripled in post count?

spelling fix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
typhoon g.oddess
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brian: Are you in any other games now? What do you think your chances are of getting your friends to play a game of Resistance with you?

yes, i am! i'm playing an alias big brother game where i'm playing fred, who's a servant android. he's basically claude 2.0 and i love him. i'm currently in the final 7!

i'm also playing in a project runway game that i signed up for when i was drunk because i thought it would be funny. and it is. i signed up as rudy from survivor borneo because i tried to think of the least likely person to be a fashion designer. i'm actually not doing too bad, i'll show you some of my "designs" on FB if you'd like.

playing resistance might not be in the future but one of my besties from high school loves catan! so i'm excited to be able to play that with her now since i learned how. unfort', she goes to william and mary which is a few hours away.

finally...

whisper #1: whisper clyde

slink, you want to reveal to me? :D or something nice like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
whisper brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
mmazala wrote:

That's me! Born and raised in a Baha'i family and yes, it is a very important part of my life.

I find it interesting that there are no clergy in the Baha'i faith (no priests, rabbis, etc.) and that Baha'is are not allowed to pursue the study of the religion full-time. What is a Baha'i meeting/service like then? Does someone lead it or is it more like a Quaker service?

Have you ever been to the Shrine of the Bab or the Mansion of Bahji in Israel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
typhoon g.oddess
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
whisper #2: whisper slink

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right brian. Keep me or send me, the decision is yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
whisper brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
I find it interesting that there are no clergy in the Baha'i faith (no priests, rabbis, etc.) and that Baha'is are not allowed to pursue the study of the religion full-time. What is a Baha'i meeting/service like then? Does someone lead it or is it more like a Quaker service?

Have you ever been to the Shrine of the Bab or the Mansion of Bahji in Israel?

Yeah the no clergy thing is pretty unique. I can't comment on Quaker service but there is a structure to Baha'i meetings and the members of the community stick to that but it generally looks different depending on the part of the world/people involved.

And yes, I have fortunately been able to visit the Baha'i Holy Places in Israel on a few occasions (2011 most recently). The House of Worship outside Chicago is another amazing building. Take a look if you haven't seen it before. I try to visit it anytime I'm nearby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
You're right brian. Keep me or send me, the decision is yours.

I'd imagine this is how everyone should feel right now (except Brian perhaps). There's no way to know which way the power will swing. Either more Blues are on their way or more Reds are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the interesting thing is if one colour controls both rooms...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
mbmbmbmbmb
Leader (which I believe is Brian?), you have approx 30 minutes to send your hostage orders to me. Remember, you can keep them secret from the room by posting Ive selected the 2 hostages or something like that and PMing me your choices or you can publically post them. Even if you post them publically, please PM them to me so I don't have to search for them. Also, remember to post bolded in here if you change your orders at any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
mmazala wrote:

Does Dance Dance Revolution count?

I did a lot of dancing my last 2 years of college (at Penn State) and continued doing it a bunch for a few years after college (mostly going to workshops). I learned Lindy Hop, Blues, Charleston, Balboa. I took a weekly workshop learning close embrace tango (which was a lot different from the others.)

You were at Penn State when Dan Repsch and Annabell were teaching there, right? Small world!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.