Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sir LiveAlot
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is my first review ever so take it easy on me.

Components
The board is something else. It is a giant piece of plastic with a roulette spinner in the middle. The magnets align the roulette spinner in place so it is never in between 2 spaces. The obvious downside is the board makes the box giant and hard to store. An interesting idea but could have been executed better.

Rules
The rules are needlessly confusing but it turns out this game is pretty much trouble in space. The goal is to fill up one of each colored star base with your units (Weeble) or fill up the time zone (Skunk). Whenever you land on the enter star base your unit goes to "S" and the unit that was on "S" moves to "A" and so forth. If you land on an opposing players ship it is destroyed. If the opponent has no other ships in orbit he launches a new ship. You can have multiple ships in orbit at one time and after you roll a die you choose which one of your ships to move. There are power cards you can play that can help you put ships on the board on either star bases or in orbit.

Strategy
After playing a few turns it became clear the hierarchy of spaces you want to land on. It goes:
Time Zone: You get a power card you can play later in the game.
Sar: You can get units on the board or power card to be resolved immediately or take over a fully conquered star base.
Enter Base
Launch new ship: New ship on the board.
Free Zone: More options when you roll a die next turn since you can move clockwise or counter clockwise off this space.

Conclusion
It was mildly amusing and I would take this game over trouble. It is deeper than most roll and move games I have seen from 1986 and before. I believe it is worthy in a board game collection due to it's hilarious box size and outsider art feel.

Random Observations
Not only can you win but you can get higher levels of winning. It is always fun to quantify the amount your opponent has lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smith
Canada
Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirlivealot wrote:

Random Observations
Not only can you win but you can get higher levels of winning. It is always fun to quantify the amount your opponent has lost.

This Thumbs up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jodology W
Canada
Alabama
flag msg tools
This is my dads game, don't know if he's ever seen these posts but I'm gonna show him super ute made me smile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.