Popular Tags: [View All]
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

(thumbsups appreciated!)

Game Summit 2013 is coming in only 5 days! http://www.gamesummit.ca/event/gs2013/

There is still room for volunteers, so sign up today. If you're not sure about what's involved, talk to me at the meeting, send me a geekmail, or use this forum!

The Tri-Game-A-Thon: "Ironman" games have been picked: Village, Containerand Vanuatu. What a great way to spend your Sunday (nifty prizes too!).

There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Thursday, 31 January 2012. The start time for the session is 6 PM till approximately 11pm.

The place is: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church
Detailed directions follow, but it is quite close to the Wizard’s Tower and the Hazeldean Public Library.

Also, send me a geekmail if you want to let me know about anything - from suggestions for raising club attendance, club purchase suggestions, or just telling me whether you can make the meeting.

Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!

You may bring food & drink (be neat!). We can rearrange the tables & chairs provided we return everything an keep things tidy.

Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/

Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) is 46 Castlefrank Rd (directions follow). There is parking outside. Follow the signs to the church basement.

I will be collecting $2.50 from each person. The first $20 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into a boardgame library fund. Maybe we'll have enough for some 2013 Essen picks? The war chest stands at $319.17 (Dave's up to 17 cents) Check out the library (BGG user: KanataBoardGamers). Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next!

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Toys on Fire, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to Can Games to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them. You have donated $45.50 so far.

Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.

Hope to see you then!

Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the EAGLESON RD SOUTH ramp. 0.09 km
3. Turn LEFT onto EAGLESON RD/CHEMIN EAGLESON/RR-49 S. 2.1 km
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HAZELDEAN RD/CHEMIN HAZELDEAN/RR-36 1.3 km
5. Turn LEFT onto CASTLEFRANK RD/CHEMIN CASTLEFRANK. 0.3 km
6. 46 CASTLEFRANK ROAD is on your left at the stop sign.
7. Go up the hill to the church and park at the top. There will be a sign on the church doors near the parking lot directing you.
8. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall.

Directions using public transportation (from the East)
1. OC Transpo route 118 starts at the Hurdman station.
2. For stops check the 118 route: http://www.octranspo1.com/maps/
3. The stop you want is Hazeldean & Castlefrank
4. Walk west on Castlefrank following signs for the library
5. The church is on your left and is well signed.
6. Go up the hill to the front doors
7. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Roy
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
I'd like to attend with my son. Halden, are you still up to the idea of bringing your son? I'll have to take him home early, but should be good for a few hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Villeneuve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to make it this week! I'm willing to bring/try any game. A couple games I could bring if there's interest: A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition), Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery, Mage Knight Board Game with expansion, or Merchant of Venus (second edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there. Would love to play either Amun-Re, Goa, Taj Mahal, Modern Art or Genoa.

As for "new" games I'd like to try Container , Galaxy Trucker or High Frontier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
BigL16 wrote:
I'm hoping to make it this week! I'm willing to bring/try any game. A couple games I could bring if there's interest: A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition), Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery, Mage Knight Board Game with expansion, or Merchant of Venus (second edition)

any of those sound good Al.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
BigL16 wrote:

any of those sound good Al.

ditto. My Preference of those 4 is Mage Knight and MoV since I've not tried them. I'd also like to try Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game, I know Steve has a copy. I also wouldn't mind having Remy re-teach me my copy of Vinhos.

That's 6 options. What game choice wins? 1d6 = (6) = 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 253575. GamerAtom
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • What game choice wins?
  • Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 pm
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Vinhos won my die roll, though I'm easily convinced otherwise if Remy is not up to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
AGOT gets my vote (no surprise there I'm sure )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
I also wouldn't mind having Remy re-teach me my copy of Vinhos.

Consider it done, Adam. Dan will also join us.

I will be bringing back Steve's Merchants of the Middle Ages and Reef Encounter. I'll also bring my copy of CO₂.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinhos was excellent. Thanks for teaching Remy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.