Subject: Two level fly-out menus? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a "reason" that two level fly-out menus have not be used?

BGG has 7 menu options on toolbar. If each had 7 first levels fly-outs and each of those had 7 second level fly-outs, then 7^3 = 343 choices could be made from the menu bar.

It would seem that more choices from the tool bar would uncover some of the obscure features of BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My guess is this: Two-level menus can be very hard to navigate, even on a standard computer. To keep the mouse within the menu bounds is a delicate maneuver. They're all but impossible to use on phones and tablet.

In addition, 343 choices from the menu bar seems like it would be too much to make sense of anyhow. I feel like there's way too much in the menus as it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never used a "smart" phone or tablet. If two level menu bars wouldn't work on them then that is a good reason no to go that route.

I'm not really proposing 343 items on menu, just that two level menus would offer an opportunity to group items better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.