Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ranger Spikes: If unattached, attach Ranger Spikes to the next eligible enemy that enters the staging area. Players do not make engagement checks against attached enemy.

Ambush: After this enemy enters play, each player makes an engagement check against it.

It appears to me that Ranger Spike would null the effect of ambush on an enemy entering play, but I have been fooled by the rules to this game before. So, does this work?

Thanks ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same timing window, so you can slip the Ranger Spikes on before the Ambush kicks in. I'd be inclined to agree with your call on the thinking that the ambush keyword might be considered a "rule" that's overridden by the card effect. But I wouldn't be betting my house on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
Encounter Card effect is nulled by player card effect.I agree it is a bit grey but in this instance i think common-sense should prevail, i.e.: how could he still be writhing pathetically in the trap AND ambush you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nssxxx wrote:
Encounter Card effect is nulled by player card effect.I agree it is a bit grey but in this instance i think common-sense should prevail, i.e.: how could he still be writhing pathetically in the trap AND ambush you?

I was worried that there would be a ruling like "There is a minute gap in space and time between "entering play" and "entering the staging area" in which Ambush will trigger and bypass Ranger Spikes" or something equally ridiculous. Thank you both for the information!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
Generally in these cases since the timing is the same the first player gets to choose which occurs first. Hope you're on his good side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullroarer Took wrote:
Generally in these cases since the timing is the same the first player gets to choose which occurs first. Hope you're on his good side.

I agree 100%, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some gooby rule that I was missing that would override this logic. Wouldn't be the first time that had happened to me in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.