7 Posts

DreadBall: The Futuristic Sports Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: What skill am i testing to throw a ball? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jon doedren
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed it in reading, but i can't find the skill i am testing against to throw a ball. I know how many dice to throw and *those* modifiers, but i don't know what skill to test against (i.e. the target number to reach and beat on each die roll).

Please help, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon doedren
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind. The skill I'm testing is called "Skill". My apologies for my newbness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember that the number of dice you use to catch the ball is equal to the number of successful skill rolls you made to throw it (+1 for a Striker)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Also remember that the number of dice you use to catch the ball is equal to the number of successful skill rolls you made to throw it (+1 for a Striker)

And another +1 if your "facing" is correct, yeah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, if you're not facing the ball you can't catch it. You have to throw the ball at a receiver from their front arc (i.e. the threat hex area)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Steurich
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the front arc of a model is 180 degrees which is different than just the hexes of its threat-zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can catch it if it comes in from the half hexes that feed into your threat hexes which I think is what you mean. That sort of gives the 180 degrees that you mention (but is difficult to describe with hexes!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.