Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I'm assuming that the current rev of OCS rules will work fine with dak2?
Or are there adjustments needed to be made ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
I drink and I know things
badge
Night gathers and now my watch begins
mbmbmbmbmb
DAK is fully compatible with 4.1 rules. Like Earl said there is a special rule about ports using 4.1 that only applies to DAK. Other than that its good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
billyboy wrote:
DAK is fully compatible with 4.1 rules. Like Earl said there is a special rule about ports using 4.1 that only applies to DAK. Other than that its good to go.

Well after INS, and sitting for 17 hours getting my hiney kicked I need to blow some crap up.
I need some meaty juicy, long OCS action.

I found a cool book about the North African Campaign and have started reading it while I clip.

My man cave is going to be dedicated to goofing around with DAK II for a while and seeing if I should attempt the campaign. While I was packing up It Never Snows and putting the game up on my high shelf where I keep some core games in period order (for fun), I saw all my OCS stuff, looking rather sullenly at me.
So I got them all down and rummaged thru them, gave them a pat and a shuffle around the bits.
I think they feel happy now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Maidhof
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same for DAK, (1)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will also need to adjust DAK (1) to OCS 3.0:

OCS v3.0 upgrades:
1) Added the intrinsic Flak ratings to Benghazi, Tobruk, and the Nile Ports. (Maps A, B, D, & E)
2) Deleted the reference to a unit Flak rating in 3.9d. (Volume I)
3) Deleted the old OCS Optionals and OCS v2.0i errata listing.
Added the OCS v3.0 errata. (Volume I) Note: If not literally incorporated into v3.0 or addressed specifically below, the optionals are not recommended.
4) Adopted the Series Air Strip rule (15.0i) with the proviso that no new ones can be built. (Volume I)
5) Brigade Group intrinsic artillery pays for its barrages off the Barrage Table like any other artillery barrage. (Volume I)
6) Values for the Ju-88, Bf-110, and Ju-87b adjusted to current conventions (matching those already issued in GBII).
7) Revised Axis cross-Med and Coastal Shipping values to reflect v3.0 changes to Transport Equivalents, Air Refit costs, and Air unit reinforcement as Active. (Map A)
8) 2T or better port works for Trace Supply (exception to OCS v3.0 rule 19.0c). (Volume I)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
now you are just showing off...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Maidhof
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tracey and Darrell. I will keep these notes in my DAK box. Third foray into OCS, maybe fourth and I believe I may have finally gotten it through my thick skull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Copied and pasted straight out of DAK (2) book 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.