Hide
11 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: My Empire for a Pen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Emmi
msg tools
We are getting ready to start our first game next week.
I am just wondering what kind of pen you have found to work best for writing on the board and stickers etc.

Any other mundane housekeeping suggestions?

Also, I want to make sure my understanding is correct on one point regarding the rules... You do not (necessarily) keep the same faction from game to game. You might be Enclave in game 1 and Khan in game 2 etc. However, the cities you found, continents you name, etc follow you regardless of which faction you play. Is that right?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's the way I understand it
any faction you want, and yes, you get the bonus for a continent and major city if that is what you choose

we used just a regular pen, but make sure you give it a moment to dry
I smudged Minas Tirith right after writing it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Holden
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went and got a couple of the Sharpies with a felt-tip pen on one side and a marker on the other. The versatility was really helpful, and Sharpie ink tends to dry quickly enough.

And, yeah, you're right on the rules question. I actually chose a different faction in each of the first few games with one of my games to get folks out of the habit of changing it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invisible pen works best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Webb
United States
Verona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
One more win...Beat the Sharks!
mbmbmb
I like the Sharpie Fine Tip Pen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can change factions. Minor cities do not belong to anyone, but the major cities do belong to a player (not a faction).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmi
msg tools
Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, Sky Zero, I'd like to use invisible, or at least erasable ink. It would be great to be able to just reset to start when to is all over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use regular tipped sharpies, but have all the different colors of the continents. You can get all the different colors at an office supply or art supply store, I think mine were $1.50 each.

We use the different continent colors to write in the info on the back of the faction cards - coordinate which continent that faction started in. We also use the continent color when signing under wins to see which continent is doing the most winning. Makes it easy at a glance to figure that stuff out.

We use a black sharpie for anything being marked on the board otherwise, such as cities, continent names, and other stuff.

And when I get bored, I draw weird things on the game board in various colors. Russia has a nuclear launch detected, random sea monsters, the bermuda triangle... just random things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Washington Irving
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sad to learn that Gel Pens DO NOT work. So pretty! But they smudge off...

We use sharpies, and someone has a fancy pen she got at an art supply store a "PITT artist brush" that works well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis "Moped" Sell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I for one welcome our new computer overlords.
badge
Excuse me while I go put out some fires, literally. -ENC Matt Paniczko
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a good old fashioned ball point pen works well.

I found it particularly useful to bag the faction pieces. Makes it easier to hand them out.

Correct on not keeping same faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueIguana wrote:
It would be great to be able to just reset to start when to is all over.

Not this again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.