Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, this is gonna require clarification, I think. Here's an excerpt from the Yugai Control Phase section:

Quote:
Any YCU tokens that aren’t defeated during this phase remain on the board: »»Until they are defeated, or »»Until the beginning of the next Yugai Patrol Phase.

So how could they be defeated unless someone moves into a space and fights them? It would also seem odd if they only persisted on the board to stop movement, not to battle with anyone during player action phases.

However, I see where you're coming from. Here's the full text from that part of the rules. (Subtitled 'Moving Into Spaces With Enemies')
Quote:
During a move action, if a player moves a figure into a space that contains 1 or more enemy figures (all other players’ figures are considered enemies. YCU tokens are also considered enemies) that figure’s movement stops. He can never move his figures into more than 1 space containing enemies during a single turn. At the end of a move action, a battle will take place in any space that is contested (has more than 1 player’s figures on it).

If it said "in any space that is contested (has both the active player's figures and enemy figures on it)," it would be clear that you battle Yugai during this part too. But the plain language indicates, as you say, that you only fight other players here. I'll contact Colby and Isaac for a clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys. Yugai are considered enemy units. If you have figures in a space with them that space is contested and a battle happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.