Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Moore
United States
Riverton
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy of WQ off of ebay about a week ago. I had played it alot as a kid in the 80's and had very fond memories of it. I knew I would like it if for no other reason than memories from my childhood. The family's reaction to it however remained an unknown.

We sat down last night at about 7:30 PM and finished up around 11. Players: Myself, wife, 14 and 10 year old sons and 5 year old daughter. It was the first 'risk-like' game we had ever played together. I didn't know how they would react to the need for treachery...I needn't have worried. Daughter started the back stabbing, against me of course, as I was over extended she slammed into my flank and basically only survived because the children turned their attention on their mom after they decided I was no longer a threat...Boys worked together and older son ended up winning but not before daughter and I were each within a turn of victory. Very close and everyone enjoyed it except for perhaps the wife who started in the middle and after becoming the biggest and most powerful was completely destroyed by the children. (We just set up our first game of TI3 tonight and she intends revenge!)

If you are wondering if any fun can still be squeezed out of this old classic, the answer is a resounding YES! Even the kids who are used to all the eye candy of modern board games loved it. As a matter of fact there is a free to DL PC version which I found for my 10 year old today. He played it half the day, and thats up against some stiff electronic competition. All in all another good ebay buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
i agree.. i've been vowing to get this to the table again for years.

Have there been any updates to the computer version? if its the one i had downloaded about 5 years ago, it was quite buggy to the point of almost being unplayable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WQ is still one of our group's Go-To games when we don't know what to play or want something that we're all familiar with. It is definitely a great game and never grows old with us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.