Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Cyclades» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why the round chits with the mythological creatures printed on them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played our 1st game of Cyclades tonight. We didn't use the mythological creatures round chits? What were we supposed to do with them??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Life is not a game - games are life.
badge
You learn more about a person in an hour of gaming than you do in a year of conversation.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/779790/monster-tokens-wh...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/653574/what-are-the-5-la...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And most importantly:

The FAQ !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I hadn't read this FAQ. I've read it now and I printed a copy for the game box. It was helpful. Thanks for putting it together.

I'm not sure Sylph is 100% clear, but good enough for now!

The rule that we had got wrong in our first game was the Griffon. It was used once in our first game and since each player had been paying to begin their turn, I took half her money before she paid her offering. At that time, she asked me: "what if I can't pay?" and I didn't have a good answer for her. She had enough to pay even after I took 1/2 her cash.

Follow-up question: are there actions (other than Griffon) that would be impacted if you didn't pay offerings prior to taking actions? The reason I ask it that is seems more intuitive to me for the first player to pay his offering and then take his action....then the 2nd player to do the same, etc...

How do you actually play the game? Do you go around the table once (in turn order) and everyone pays their offering and then go around a 2nd time so everyone can take their actions, or do you just collapse both rounds into one like we did?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
richcharters wrote:

How do you actually play the game? Do you go around the table once (in turn order) and everyone pays their offering and then go around a 2nd time so everyone can take their actions, or do you just collapse both rounds into one like we did?

Once the bidding is over, everyone pays at once. Then each player takes their turn, in descending order starting with the player who bid on the top god.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.