United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
If you are playing at GE San Diego tomorrow night, don't read this post! cool

I love playing Criminal because I really like the speed. Conversely, it sort of feels like a control deck too, in that I often feel like I can run anywhere I want.

Secondarily, I wanted to try playing with a card that no one would expect to see in a deck like this. I decided on Notoriety (to really rub my control in my opponents face haha

Thirdly, I wanted to limit my resources, to make it more likely that I could ignore tags.

Well, I wanted to make my deck more aggressive. Here is what I came up with:

Identity: Gabriel Santiago, Consummate Professional

Total cards: 45
Influence: 15

Events
2 x Account Siphon
3 x Easy Mark
3 x Forged Activation Orders
3 x Inside Job
3 x Notoriety***
2 x Satellite Uplink
3 x Special Order
1 x Stimhack*
3 x Sure Gamble

Hardware
2 x Desperado
3 x Dyson Mem Chip

Programs
1 x Corroder**
1 x Crypsis
2 x Femme Fatale
1 x Gordian Blade***
1 x Ninja
3 x Parasite ******
2 x Sneakdoor Beta

Resources
3 x Bank Job
3 x Compromised Employee

I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on the deck. Two caveats: I'm keeping Notoriety in the deck, and I am fine with having singletons (like Stimhack).

My current thoughts: I'm a little worried about money. I typically like having lots of money, and taking Armitage out out leaves me feeling a little worried, especially if I want to use those big, powerful breakers later in the game. However, since I am going to be focussing on centrals, I'm sure I'll be able to use bank job effectively, and if I use it the same turn I play it, I don't have to worry about it getting destroyed. I've been liking Cortez Chip but I cut it since this deck wants to stay strong in the endgame too. I'm also worried that fear of having my breakers get trashed may may me more hesitant to run, but couldn't afford the influence for a second gordian and corroder. Maybe run a peacock and Aurora as backup?

Cards that just didn't make the cut:
Maker's eye
Lemuria Codecracker
Armitage Codebusting

NBN Deck: NBN has been my favorite faction since the beginning. I want to load the runner with tags, and either win via psychographics for a 3 point agenda to end it because the runner gave up on removing tags, an opportunistic Aggressive Negotiations-Scorched Earth-Ping with PSF if necessary, or, if the runner spends the time and effort to remove tags, win by depriving him of money to run against my remotes.

Identity: NBN: Making News

Agendas (20 points):
3 x Astroscript Pilot Program
3 x Breaking News
1 x Priority Requsition
1 x Private Security Force
2 x Reconstructed Datapool

Assets:
2 x Ghost Branch
2 x Melange Mining Corp
3 x Pad Campaign

Ice:
2 x Archer****
2 x Chum**
3 x Data Raven
1 x Enigma
3 x Ice Wall***
3 x Matrix Analyzer
3 x TMI
2 x Tollbooth

Operations:
2 x Aggressive Negotiations**
3 x Big Brother
2 x Closed Accounbts
3 x Hedge Fund
2 x Psychographics
1 x Scorched Earth****

Thoughts: Again, I'm worried about money. Thinking about adding another Melange to use as bait to get a runner to go through a Data Raven. However I didn't put many expensive cards in the deck (only 2 x Tollbooth). I like Ice Wall over Wall of Static because of the cost for an early stopper, but the 3 influence is tough to swallow. But its such a great ice! I love Ghost branch, but I never seem to get anyone to bite on it. Thinking of dropping it for 2 x SEA source. But I feel like I should have some traps to keep the runner honest. Big Brother has been huge so far...I think it is my favorite card from the last data pack. Makes Breaking News much more useful, and, for one card and one action, can be a real drain on a runner trying to remove tags.

I would also be interested in trying this as a 45 card deck, but I can't decide which cards to get rid of (it was tough getting down to 49!)

Any feedback welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're worried about money in the NBN deck, you could drop some Influence points to make room for Adonis Campaign. It's a nice boost to your economy and has a high enough trash cost that only wealthy runners or Whizzard will bother to punt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hall
United States
Marion
SC - South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks like a solid build. I've been putting the Notoriety/Sneakdoor combo in more of my builds, both Shaper and Criminal.

Not much I would change for sure, but a couple of thoughts:

-If you're going the "TagMe" route, you might as well run the third Account Siphon. I might also lose Compromised Employee, as it isn't great late in the game and will probably be worth the two to trash if you get it early.

-I would probably run more Ninjas instead of Peacock/Aurora, which should let you use your Special Orders for Corroder/Gordian. I think the second Femme can probably come out as well.

-I'd be tempted to remove a Parasite for a couple of Cyberfeeders to lessen the chance of MU issues a bit and give you a little more economy. I like Parasites a lot in the early game when you can play them before your full suite is out, but I don't really like having to put out a Dyson Chip to play one later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is Notoriety working for you?

(How many Notorieties do you score on average?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
How is Notoriety working for you?

(How many Notorieties do you score on average?)

My experiences with Notoriety is that it's really fun - kinda like a Runner version of Jinteki traps. When you get it, you're SUPER chuffed, but often it feels underwhelming... That single point. Scoring two is difficult... VERY.

With a Sneakdoor it SEEMS easier until of course it gets iced up hard - And the fact that you need to drop the Sneakdoor in previous turns to score Notoriety makes it a bit tougher, too. Hopefully by the time Sneakdoor drops you've exhausted his resource and ICE. I've still gotta find the right attack to do that with.

But like the Jinteki deck, I'm still very much pushing to get it to work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Jay
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing NBN as a quick advancement deck, have you thought about putting in Trick of Light? Turns those awesome Ice Walls into Advancement banks as well as good early-mid game walls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
I wonder if there might be some synergy between Joshua B and Notoriety.

Run x 3
Play Notoriety
Gain click from Joshua
Play Notoriety #2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:
I wonder if there might be some synergy between Joshua B and Notoriety.

Run x 3
Play Notoriety
Gain click from Joshua
Play Notoriety #2

Or Wyldside, Joshua B, run-run-run-Notoriety (you need to announce Joshua B at start of turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.