S C
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
I know they all share the same universe and we play all 3 games, a question came up today and I got no answer for it...

We have human hero, we have elf hero, dwarf and orc hero, and we even have an undead hero... where is the Ulthuk hero? Can we expect to get a Chaos Lord as hero in future expansion? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder where the Uthuk are at all in Descent. Aside from the Uthuk Demon Trap I don't think there's been a mention of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lanabound wrote:
Yeah, the second edition does mention the Daqan and Latari in the quest flavor texts. Is the "undead hero" Widow Tahra? I doubt she is actually a member of Waiqar's clan!

First edition predated Runewars but Second Edition is in the perfect position to tie future expansions into Runewars. Wouldn't it be cool to run into a dungeon patrolled by Waiqar or Uthuk enemy units found by a hero during the middle of the Runewars?

There is the undead hero in both 1st ed and runewars, the one which allows you to recover a fatigue every turn. I would assume he's from the Waiqar being and undead and all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nekochen wrote:
Lanabound wrote:
Yeah, the second edition does mention the Daqan and Latari in the quest flavor texts. Is the "undead hero" Widow Tahra? I doubt she is actually a member of Waiqar's clan!

First edition predated Runewars but Second Edition is in the perfect position to tie future expansions into Runewars. Wouldn't it be cool to run into a dungeon patrolled by Waiqar or Uthuk enemy units found by a hero during the middle of the Runewars?

There is the undead hero in both 1st ed and runewars, the one which allows you to recover a fatigue every turn. I would assume he's from the Waiqar being and undead and all.

Varikas the Dead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my sons favorite character right there!

He also always plays him in Runbound, and always plays Waiqar in Runewars and Run age.

Young Goth in the making I think.

btizo wrote:
nekochen wrote:
Lanabound wrote:

Varikas the Dead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sarcasmorator wrote:
I wonder where the Uthuk are at all in Descent. Aside from the Uthuk Demon Trap I don't think there's been a mention of them.

There wasn't anything about them in D1E, although the Uthuk weren't officially introduced to the Terrinoth setting until Runewars, which postdated D1E's publication (and most of its expansions, too.)

D2E is only getting started, so its entirely possible that we'll see the Uthuk Y'llan in a forthcoming expansion set of some description.

nekochen wrote:

We have human hero, we have elf hero, dwarf and orc hero, and we even have an undead hero...

Don't forget the dragon hybrid hero. =P

nekochen wrote:

where is the Ulthuk hero? Can we expect to get a Chaos Lord as hero in future expansion? devil

I suppose it's not impossible to see an Uthuk hero in this setting, though they are, by and large, kinda crazy with the demonic worship and blood drinking and such.

I highly doubt we'll ever see a Chaos Lord as a hero. Though as a monster, they'd be pretty bad-ass. =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Stewi wrote:

There wasn't anything about them in D1E, although the Uthuk weren't officially introduced to the Terrinoth setting until Runewars, which postdated D1E's publication (and most of its expansions, too.)

D2E is only getting started, so its entirely possible that we'll see the Uthuk Y'llan in a forthcoming expansion set of some description.

Don't forget the dragon hybrid hero. =P

I suppose it's not impossible to see an Uthuk hero in this setting, though they are, by and large, kinda crazy with the demonic worship and blood drinking and such.

I highly doubt we'll ever see a Chaos Lord as a hero. Though as a monster, they'd be pretty bad-ass. =P

There is dragon hybrid hero? who is that?

I doubt that we would see Chaos Lord being a dungeon monster and all, since it would be highly racist!! Ulthuk is a nation too! they're not random wild monsters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.