Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Harding
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about the Hero's Oath of Honor card.
A dragon is in the hallway blocking the way. Two other hero's are in front of it blocking all spaces next to it. Can the Hero with the Oath of Honor card activate it and be placed on the only empty space next to the Dragon, BEHIND the Dragon? The card says to PLACE the Hero so he technically is not moving through the Dragon, which we know he can not do.
Any comments on if this was the correct way to play the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.M. Proc
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as that is the closest empty adjacent square (as the card dictates), yes that would be a legal move...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waynea wrote:
A dragon is in the hallway blocking the way. Two other hero's are in front of it blocking all spaces next to it.

Even more - the knight himself could be one of the heroes blocking the "in front" adjacent spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
waynea wrote:
A dragon is in the hallway blocking the way. Two other hero's are in front of it blocking all spaces next to it.

Even more - the knight himself could be one of the heroes blocking the "in front" adjacent spaces.

This is correct! To explain further, the card says to "choose another hero within 3 spaces of you" (see, http://www.descentinthedark.com/2nd/oath-of-honor/). You simply choose the hero standing next to you, then the rest of the card kicks in and you place your hero on the closest empty space, which in this case, would be behind the dragon! Viola! The poor man's tumble!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaaaa bbbbb
msg tools
Hi there, first of all sorry for my bad english, I'm french (nobody is perfect )

I come here to say that's wrong cause (I hope your manual is same as mine) look at top of the page 9 in squarewho describe rules for empty case.

An empty case need a line of sight and movement unblocked.

In that case, you can't use this skill to place your hero behind monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.M. Proc
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arthebas wrote:
Hi there, first of all sorry for my bad english, I'm french (nobody is perfect )

I come here to say that's wrong cause (I hope your manual is same as mine) look at top of the page 9 in squarewho describe rules for empty case.

Yes, but the "golden rules" say that language on the cards always trump language in the rulebook... So the language on the card wins out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Grahamers2002 wrote:
Viola!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arthebas wrote:

Could be a difference in translation, but the English rulebook says "An empty space is defined as a space that contains no figures and that blocks neither line of sight nor movement". In other words: for the space to be considered empty, the space itself cannot block line of sight or movement (not that you need line or sight or clear movement to reach the space).

For example, an impassable space would not be considered empty since it blocks movement (and would also be an interesting way to get your character stuck).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.