Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello !
does anyone know if this expansion will be compatible with the first edition of Pandemic ?
Thanks !
Tom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a couple upgrade packs that we'll have to purchase...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/915816/compatibility-pac...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your link. It answers everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Switzerland
Leysin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Z-man can bite me if they think I am shelling out $$$ for compatibility packs....waiting for a couple years for this expansion and this happens! barf!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These things happen all the time, it's really not a huge deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knaves wrote:
Do they though? The only thing that comes to mind is Catan. FFG has released new editions of games with expansions (TI, Descent), but those are pretty much standalone content.

Either way it is a big disservice to people who have supported the game and made it so successful. There is nothing inherently better about the new edition, and many people don't like the new art so really the whole thing seems like a bit of a cash grab. This is especially true when you consider them putting in a couple of new roles in the new edition and making this new expansion require either the new edition or an upgrade kit.

To their credit Z-man did a great job updating everyone's cards for free when the first expansion came out, but due to the changes in the company since then, I am not sure this is really the same Z-man that was around back then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Krach
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad, I would need 2 different upgrades... I am very sorry but no thanks then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me that if anyone actually gave a damn about this game or the expansions, they would have upgraded already.

Save the whining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Seems to me that if anyone actually gave a damn about this game or the expansions, they would have upgraded already.

Save the whining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why didnt they just make the new expansion/version to be compatible with the existing version/expansion?

I'm confused
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the million other threads lamenting that very question. Or to find out check below.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Money
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knaves wrote:

No, not really. I can think of a few examples that are similar but nothing quite this bad. If the difference between the old version and the new version is really just a couple of cards then is it really that much trouble to include those cards in the expansion rather than make the tens of thousands of people who own the original buy upgrade packs. FFG has done something similar on a few occasions but these were usually quite extensive changes made for fairly good reasons. There was the Talisman upgrade pack for owners of previous versions upgrading to the 4th edition. Also, the original Game of Thrones LCG deluxe expansions did not include 3 of each card making players buy more than one pack if they wanted 3 of certain cards. FFG eventually redesigned the expansion packs and gave the players what they wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Wow, this expansion has already earned three ratings of 10...and its not even out yet. How do you officially rate a game that well, can't be played yet? Do you have leaked copies? Incredible. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willi Van Bogaert
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zanti_misfit wrote:
Wow, this expansion has already earned three ratings of 10...and its not even out yet. How do you officially rate a game that well, can't be played yet? Do you have leaked copies? Incredible. shake

They might be from play testers.
But fanboyism is more likely. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
zanti_misfit wrote:
Do you have leaked copies?

No, but there are close to 80 playtesters listed in the ITL rules and I did demo parts of ITL to ~70 people 2 years ago at both a Con in LA and at WorldCon. Matt has also tested and demoed parts of ITL at other cons.

That being said, I don't recognize any of those who have rated it this early, though I do recognize some who have commented, but not rated it yet.

I'd like to thank all the playtesters for not talking about ITL so far. It's amazing how good people are about not talking about prototypes when we request them not to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
If the 3 ratings listed are indeed opinions of people who have played it at cons or the playtesters involved that's good news indeed. Sounds like a winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Forth
msg tools
Could someone please tell me if In The Lab requires On The Brink?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
JustinianIV wrote:
Could someone please tell me if In The Lab requires On The Brink?

Yes it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noodles
United States
greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey I saw somewhere in a different thread that an easy solution to add the two new roles to the base game would be to just use the two blank role cards the base game came with. That's what I plan to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kleinenenten kleinenenten
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what exactly do we NEED from those expansions? I have seen the two new roles from the newer version of the base game. Wrote them on index cards, and BOOM! two new roles! What else do we need that the packs have? Did the add stuff in the new version of the base game and/or On the Brink? I love Pandemic, but buying 2 new packs in addition to In The Lab sounds a bit harsh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Burrows
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So after some trawling on these forums, it seems the minimum requirements to be able to play all the Pandemic games is just some "Opaque-Backed Card Sleeves".....I'm ok with that i guess. Might be a little wonky with the mixed art and Toronto/Montreal issue, but the question now remains....does anyone have a link where I can buy the afformentioned card sleeves that will fit Pandemic cards? I can not find anything suitable in my local game shops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaxommm wrote:
Z-man can bite me if they think I am shelling out $$$ for compatibility packs....waiting for a couple years for this expansion and this happens! barf!

I feel the need to chime in here.

Your current game works perfectly fine. You do not need to shell out any money to continue enjoying it.

The original Pandemic game is about 5 years old now. And they have released one expansion (On the Brink) that is fully compatible with your version.

The fact that they are providing any options at all in the likes of compatibility packs (and at a fair price) is an honest move on their part. An alternative route could have been, "Well just get the 2013 new edition of the game."

I can only hope that more great games are this successful that allow a refresh after 5 years! Be supportive. They are acting honorably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
I think the well its been out "for 5 years" argument won't go mean much to people who bought/got it late last year and feel that their game is new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools

It's a completely stupid argument even for those who bought it the first day it came out, and it's already been said. What a worthless reason to resurrect a thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.