Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Company» Forums » General

Subject: the True Story Behind "Company: Il gioco dei Valori/Play the Values" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Para Ponzi
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
MEDAGLIA! MEDAGLIA! MEDAGLIA!
mbmbmbmbmb
this game was given as a present to the employees of an Italian branch of a well known German company, in order to promote some enthusiasm and commitment to the five great values declared in the game: "Customer, Innovation, Value, People, Responsibility".
I think it was just before Christmas, but I'm not sure now.
anyway, since those were hard times of downsizing (that branch was eventually sold to another company and finally closed some time later), that internal marketing operation sounded as a bad taste joke to the employees, who largely refused the present and decided to give it back.
since I was curious about the game, who looked surprisingly well made, I asked a friend who worked there if he would give me his personal copy, which he accepted since he couldn't care less about it, he hadn't even opened it.
I convinced my father and my brothers to play a board game with me - nearly impossible thing to do, normally - just because of the interesting story behind it. "Yeah!"
well, that game was rubbish! clearly made by someone who hadn't ever played a board game before (or maybe monopoly, but even monopoly is a thousand times better than that one, believe me).
I must say we smiled a lot during the game, but it was because it was so embarrassing, it looked like the company considered its employees as five years old children, but without anything in the game that could be interesting for a child. just a stupid race to the center of five spirals representing the values of the company, all five were the same. Wow!
so we soon all agreed it wasn't even worth finishing.
what a waste of money! not only the cost of producing the game, but also the salary of the people who came out with that idea in an awful context, and, moreover, implemented it so badly!

"...and the number one 'Don't Do This While Downsizing Your Company' is:
...[drum roll]...
1) as a Christmas present, give your employees a board game about the great values of the company and tell them to play it with their children."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.