Subject: German language rules available for download rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The subject says it all. Page two of the rules has a complete overview over the German cardboard pieces (11 sheets, plus one with cardbordpieces as labels for the little bags provided for containing the material)

http://www.kosmos.de/_files_media/mediathek/downloads/anleit...

There are even more discovery hex fields (two sets, marked yellow and green on the backs) than announced in the Mayfair material list: in total 4 sea hexes, 3 mountain hexes, 3 field hexes and 2 each of pasture, hills and forest hexes.

The rules spell out a few things that weren't clear to me before:

There are no harbors in this game, but trade with the bank is always 3:1 for resource cards. (One might assume that building a harbor settlement includes a 3:1 harbor.)

Gold river hex fields yield 2 gold for every adjacent settlement or harbor settlement. (There are no cities in this game.)

Twice per player turn, 2 gold may be exchanged for 1 resource card.

A ship may only attempt to chase the pirate away if it hasn't moved that turn. After the attempt, it may move normally. (Or in other words: any attempts to take over the pirate have to occur before ship movement.)

The fisher scenario with only the single extension uses only 5 each of the fish shoal and gold river hexes, and none of the sea hexes (I guess this is to serve as an example for how to set up a smaller board with two missions, as the spice scenario uses all the hexes but the gold river hexes on a board with the double extension).

If there are any specific rules questions, I'll be happy to translate the relevant section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Switzerland
Leysin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome....lots of variation....just hope the pieces in the US are wood an not plastic!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wye
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaxommm wrote:
Looks awesome....lots of variation....just hope the pieces in the US are wood an not plastic!!!

Yep they will be wooden in the Mayfair edition (some pieces such as the settlers and the ship have already been shown in the english blogs on catan.com)

I'm more concerned whether the pieces will be available in green (which I always use) and brown, since they are not planning on releasing a 5-6 player extension.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meepleeater wrote:
I'm more concerned whether the pieces will be available in green (which I always use) and brown, since they are not planning on releasing a 5-6 player extension.
That is easy to answer: if these colors are among the four normal basis colors, then the answer is yes. If not, the answer is no.
Then comes the question: could these colors be available later on?
Here the answer will be: it depends on how much demand there are. The supplier of woodén bits will make them available if the demand is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
meepleeater wrote:
That is easy to answer: if these colors are among the four normal basis colors, then the answer is yes. If not, the answer is no.
Then comes the question: could these colors be available later on?
Here the answer will be: it depends on how much demand there are. The supplier of woodén bits will make them available if the demand is there.

Members of Catan GmbH announced in the comments to the German blog that the wooden pieces from the Mayfair E&P edition will be available in the German Catan shop as "Viking Edition", much like the material for T&B.

The same sources made it quite clear that there will be no 5-6 players extension to the game, but now people have started lobbying on various forums to make those colors available, too - and if only as additional set for the Viking Edition series. Leaving comments to this effect on the blogs might help.

As far as I am concerned, I would be just as happy to get my hands on unpainted wooden pieces so I can add green and brown as well as custom colors, too (black, grey, yellow and violet).

This goes for all the Viking edition pieces and for the wooden material of Merchants of Europe, and most explicitely for the wooden pieces for T&B which would allow foot barbarians and camels in player colors, e.g. replacing the plastic pieces in Struggle for Rome with wooden ones (SfR and T&B use the same plastic molds for wagons, mounted knights and foot barbarians, so why not have a wooden version?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules I failed to mention in earlier posts
Pirate:

When the pirate is moved to another hex (whether after a 7 or after chasing the pirate away), the controlling player may draw a resource card from one of the players who have a ship on an edge of that sea hex. If that player has no resource cards (and only then), he may draw a gold piece instead.

The pirate may not remain on the same hex if the controlling player rolls a 7. In the case of another player taking over the pirate, the pirate may land on the same hex, robbing a card from the owner of one adjacent ship, or it may be moved on any other sea or fish shoal hex.

The gold bribes to sail past the pirate go to the bank, not to the controlling player.

If a pirate is moved on a fish shoal hex with a fish, that fish returns to the bank. If the number of that fish shoal hex is rolled, no fish is placed (the pirates eat that one, too).

Cargo Transfer
Ships may offload their cargo only at the correct destination hexes (units on spice islands or next to pirat lairs, fish or spice sacks on the council island) or in a harbor settlement. The ship may exchange its cargo with cargo present in the harbor settlement, or may shift only one unit of cargo if both ship and harbor settlment have one slot free. Direct exchange between ships is not possible, but two ships adjacent to the same harbor settlement can exchange cargo even if both ships and the harbor settlment are fully loaded. On a convenient waystation harbor settlement, an waiting ship may take over cargo that was already transported on that turn, and deliver it (e.g. to the council island). This way, even a settler can be parked if the ship is needed to perform some delivery without getting lost.

A player may destroy a ship including cargo and place a new ship on one of his harbor settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.