Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Bioroids with E3 feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a difficulty game as HB vs a criminal deck using E3/Aurora/Peacock. As soon as they had E3 out, it meant rezzing any Bioroids would be a waste of time as they are very cheaply bypassed (and with 2 compromised employees take a long time to break even!) My most effective ice was Ice wall with +1 counter for Aurora to cost 4 and Tollbooth.

Has anyone got any advice for facing E3 wielding criminal decks? (Or any deck splashing E3 for anti-bioroid hate.)

Maybe I'll make an NBN fast-advance deck instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Grid Overload
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny Karlsson
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because you're playing HB doesn't mean you have to use bioroid ice. Once E3 hits the table, the only thing he'll click his way through on my table is Ichi. Problem solved. Also, stacking enough clickable ice will also work since his little gimick won't work once his clicks are depleted.

You can forget Haas-Bioroid: Stronger Together completely until the meta changes. It's way to common for criminals (which are by far the most popular, at least in my meta) to play with in-faction breakers and E3.

If you're still concvinced you need extra protection and just have to play with bioroid ice as HB, do what Runkst suggests, Power Grid Overload. It's your Plascrete Carapace as corp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was trying to use Bioroids and Sensei to make clicking through rather difficult, but with E3 sensei is a complete waste. It seemed to work OK vs without E3 though. Sensei->Ichi->Janus is rather nice if people click through Ichi and use link to beat the trace. Against E3 its somewhat less effective though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runkst wrote:

Which is generally a good card in a high income Corp such as HB. If your opponent does not run E3, use it to fry MUs, Grimoire, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FileAccess wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:
Which is generally a good card in a high income Corp such as HB. If your opponent does not run E3, use it to fry MUs, Grimoire, etc.

I dare you to try and fry my Toolbox. devil

I'm currently leaning toward low-Credit Jinteki deck which means frying The Toolbox is out of the question. Maybe after Cyber Exodus, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Trent
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FileAccess wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:

I fried a toolbox. It only cost 16 bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cetiken wrote:
FileAccess wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:

I fried a toolbox. It only cost 16 bits.

Was it worth it? Did you hit any programs as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only seen Power Grid Overload included in a deck once, but it cost me the game.... I had Mimic, Yog.0, Morningstar, and a Djinn loaded up with viruses installed and the Corp trashed my only memchip. I was never able to recover sadly. :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrTall wrote:
I've only seen Power Grid Overload included in a deck once, but it cost me the game.... I had Mimic, Yog.0, Morningstar, and a Djinn loaded up with viruses installed and the Corp trashed my only memchip. I was never able to recover sadly.

That's where I think Overload's utility lies. Wait till the Runner makes a big run and use his low Credits to hit MUs. Desperado, Grimoire and the mem chips will make ideal targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm I think you are right. HB should have Power Grid Overload for E3, but also Memchip destruction. Against an Anarch you might get a cyberfeeder which will pay for itself over time.

And since Power Grid Overload can be used after a successful run it combos well with Ash, since the run is successful, even if they can't access anything!

Against a Shaper rush deck with no +MU and Opus, Corroder, Ninja and Zu you won't be able to do much damage with Power Grid Overload. You'll need to trash 2+ Rabbit Holes to take the Zu down. But then stacking bioroid sentries will be quite effective against this deck. If they use pipeline you can destroy Personal Touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.