Hide
22 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: For the love of God, Moderators.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pojo nono
msg tools
Will you PLEASE make a thread designated for OMG STORAGE SOLUTION!! posts? This board is 90% nothing but people posting links/pictures to random boxes from random hobby stores telling us all about their 'perfect storage solutions!'

There is absolutely no need for multiple threads on the subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, firstly, it's nowhere near 90%. I just counted, over the last 50 threads made, 6 were storage solutions. That's about 12%, perfectly reasonable when good storage solutions are pretty useful for this game. Secondly, it's good to be able to see them. Putting them all in one thread would make them less visible, and that's a bad thing. Thirdly why do you even care? Is someone forcing you to read them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear pojo nono.
It is very tedious to wade through endless pages of threads to search for a particular subject. And even though the entire site is searchable, history has shown that most people do not use this facility.
So whether you request is fulfilled or not, is it enevitable that people will continue to repeat the same questions and/or statements again and again.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if your request itself is a repeat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
It is very tedious to wade through endless pages of threads to search for a particular subject. And even though the entire site is searchable, history has shown that most people do not use this facility.

And for the rest of us, we do not find what we seek, because the search feature is ... difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always delete them from your subscriptions inbox without reading them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I like seeing them, even though I already have a custom-built solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:

And you can block them from your subscriptions so that you only see each thread once. Playing whac-a-mole with threads is still not ideal, but realistically, it's probably the best you can hope for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are probably just as many threads about people complaining about ubiquitous threads (storage solutions, expansion recommendations, etc). If you're truly that sensitive to a clogged and redundant newsfeed, why not chime in on one of those posts and show the same degree of moderation to the rest of us subscribers.

[Mark as read] is a great tool, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:
Which is what many of us suggested with folks who don't like to read about digital implementations of games. Maybe they'll start a GameStorageGeek domain and move these storage threads there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara Saurio
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
Logitech G25 + rFactor + XtremeRacers = pure sim racing!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, wait, wait...
Don't you guys store the cards in their original inserts?
I do. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you block subscriptions on a per-forum-category basis? A lot of posts in General could belong in other categories if we had them (Storage, Recommendations, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Marasaurio wrote:
Wait, wait, wait...
Don't you guys store the cards in their original inserts?
I do. whistle

Absolutely. That's part of the joy of setting up and taking down ... and when we wend our way to my son and his wife for a dominion day, we fit three boxes into one carrier bag and three into another, then Cornucopia and Alchemy [which also contains the five promos] get man-handled appropriately on top. Then after random selection [by a suitable ipad or PC version ... sometimes we'll use the blue-edged-on-the-back-cards ... ] we ceremoniously open each required box and lay out the cards in a suitable position on the table [depending, of course, on the number of players involved]. It's almost like a liturgy and linked ceremony. But then the title of this thread started "for the love of God" and I think that it's only right to give thanks for the opportunity that we have for playing such games in peaceful surrounds [assuming that is, that we aren't beating each other up in response to an unfortunate result!!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb

Moved from Dominion to Complaint Department
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
Can you block subscriptions on a per-forum-category basis? A lot of posts in General could belong in other categories if we had them (Storage, Recommendations, etc).
Digital and Pop Culture were 2 more that seemed to be popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/152791/all-of-the-domi...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:

Now that's a labour of love. You might want to add links to the articles to make your list both funny and useful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
Hockey Mask wrote:

Great list. I especially enjoyed scrolling through the list and seeing so many pictures of the storage solutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
kirkbauer wrote:

I'd love to be able to block Play-by-Forum posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
edosan wrote:
kirkbauer wrote:

As would I. It seems odd to me that we cannot - surely PBF is simply a further sub-forum - it certainly appears to be structured like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JasonJ0 wrote:
edosan wrote:

As would I. It seems odd to me that we cannot - surely PBF is simply a further sub-forum - it certainly appears to be structured like that.

You can. On the game page, go to the forums module and click Browse. Drop down the subscribe menu for the Play By Forum forum and click Block instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
col_w wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
edosan wrote:

You can. On the game page, go to the forums module and click Browse. Drop down the subscribe menu for the Play By Forum forum and click Block instead.

Brilliant. No more endless Terra Mystica PBF posts for me

Turns out it was finding my way to some sort of representation of the sub-forum as a sub-forum that was the key. Why is so much of BGG tucked away in bizarre little nooks and crannies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
col_w wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
edosan wrote:

You are my hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.