Daimyo A
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is no evidence that the abscence of ME-EA connection is a misprint. Although it has been repeated a lot on the internet, the sources are either dubious or lacking. However, this fact, by itslef, does not necessary confirm that there was no misprint.

Either way, it all comes down to the set itself. If one purchases a particular edition of a board game, one adopts the rules of that said edition of the game. Just because previous versions played differently does not mean that the creaters of that particular game that was purchased was meant to play the same way. The numerous versions of risk available confirm this fact.

Another telling fact is that Hasbro released a futuristic version of Risk (the name escapes me at the moment) that also had the abscence of a ME-EA connection. Again, this is not incontrovertible proof that the misprint did not take place, but it does hint that Hasbro intended that the connection was to be absent. The likelihood that Hasbro let 2 consecutive misprints pass is dubious.

What it all comes down to, however, is what Hasbro released on this: which was nothing. If Hasbro did not issue a retroactive rule change or clarification for this set, there is no reason to treat the board itself is flawed.

The only way to play with an ME-EA move is to play with a house rules variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bowers
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does have an extraneous line connecting the Middle East to Southern Europe for some reason.
But it's your game pay it however you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you are arguing that Hasbro, upon careful consideration of RISK play balance issues, decided to remove the connection? I, for one, find it much easier to believe that some drone just forgot, and nobody above him cared. Major companies release products with mistakes and bugs all the time. Inform them there's a problem and they won't fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.