Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dancer & Spy - Can you kidnap and make room for Starting Player space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
awd awd
msg tools
-EDIT-

*NEW*

Can we use Dancer and Spy and kidnap an opponent's member to the Traveling Player space and then takes the Starting Player space? Do I get to assume the role of Starting Player?

The card specifically states that you can only kidnap a member and free up an action space that has been taken by EXACTLY ONE member.

Just wondering if my opponent were to take Family Growth, would I be able to kidnap his member and bring his member to TP, whereas I then proceed and FG with my 2nd family member? (Assume no other players can take FG)

My concern here is that the rule book states that if any player wishes to take the FG action, they must place their newborn on that action space as well. So would that count as NOT EXACTLY ONE member?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dancer & Spy - Can you kidnap and make room for a FG space?
I'm sure that the condition that there should be exactly one person on the action was specifically meant to prevent you from taking Family Growth.

(Unless, of course, there's only one person there because of e.g. Adoptive Parents.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmartin87 wrote:

My concern here is that the rule book states that if any player wishes to take the FG action, they must place their newborn on that action space as well. So would that count as NOT EXACTLY ONE member?

Yes, that's exactly the problem. Once someone takes FG there are going to be two persons on the FG space, not one. So you can't use Dancer&Spy to go there. I'm pretty certain this was intentional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
awd awd
msg tools
I see, so can you actually kidnap somebody from the Starting Player action space? (Hence you become the Starting Player and the original Starting Player gets nothing?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmartin87 wrote:
I see, so can you actually kidnap somebody from the Starting Player action space? (Hence you become the Starting Player and the original Starting Player gets nothing?)

Yes, this is exactly correct. When you take the start player action, the effect is essentially that you take the little start player marker from whoever already had it. So if a 2nd player goes to start player in the same turn, then they become the start player next turn. The original guy is out of luck.

The Ice Skate Sharpener, and the Opinion Leader can also allow multiple players to take Start Player. It's a problem.

It's possible that Dancer and Spy might be too powerful, I'm not sure. I haven't actually seen it in a game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.