Subject: 2015? for CAF rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Spinello
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I saw a post from Terry Simo (from last summer) that states that Cactus Air Force will not be out for 2-3 years.

Really? Why would GMT offer this as a P-500 and not let us know this?

Every other P-500 I have ordered has been near 'production ready' as soon as it hits 500 orders.

I am not enjoying the Consim/GMT union. "The Hunters" has been delayed many times and now, after being told that it would be out in January, it now looks like April or later.

No more Consim pre-orders for me. I also feel that this is a 'negative strike' against GMT's wonderful reputation in the hobby.

Its just not what I expect from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Every other P-500 I have ordered has been near 'production ready' as soon as it hits 500 orders.

That might be true for some of their games, but not most of the ones I've ordered from GMT in the past. In fact, most of the GMT titles on my shelf were still undergoing playtesting and development while they were up for preorder, and that's still the case with some of my current orders. The Burning Blue soared up the list when it first appeared years ago, but still had a fair amount of work to be done before it was published. 1914: Offensive a Outrance still has at least one more playtest at Tempe scheduled.

Obviously you feel differently, but the delay doesn't bother me unless I've been charged for the product. If anything, delay in this case is saving me from impulse purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
After the recent flood of GMT games into my house, I for one don't mind the respite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Lund
Denmark
Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think it really took GMT and Terry by surprise that CAF reached the 500 in a month or two (I forget, but is was FAST) - Normally we are not talking anywhere near those timeframes.

I guess they thought they had more time on their hands, before they had to deliver the final product
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahrules wrote:
I saw a post from Terry Simo (from last summer) that states that Cactus Air Force will not be out for 2-3 years.

Really? Why would GMT offer this as a P-500 and not let us know this?

I am not enjoying the Consim/GMT union. "The Hunters" has been delayed many times and now, after being told that it would be out in January, it now looks like April or later.

No more Consim pre-orders for me. I also feel that this is a 'negative strike' against GMT's wonderful reputation in the hobby.

Its just not what I expect from them.

The situation with The Hunters is purely down to personal work load and other non-gaming pressures on John that have forced a hold on the last couple of percent of tasks that need to be completed. In order to minimise any further delay I gather the counters will be going to the printers within the next few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Spencer
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
After the recent flood of GMT games into my house, I for one don't mind the respite.
I'd like to see a map! Maybe some counters! A rulebook. I have high expectations for this game, given its pedigree. I've already flown blind into this pre-order. Would like a little validation. So, I can wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted some counter art samples in latest GMT P500 Geeklist or you can see them in my gallery.

T-Mo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahrules wrote:

Can't believe it will be that long....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike_espo wrote:
ahrules wrote:

I hope not. Shooting for 2014.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
mike_espo wrote:
ahrules wrote:

Cool. preordered.

Hope not a dumb question Terry, but any chance of Japanese campaign as well ala RAF where a solo player can play either side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike_espo wrote:
T-Mo wrote:
mike_espo wrote:
ahrules wrote:

Cool. preordered.

Hope not a dumb question Terry, but any chance of Japanese campaign as well ala RAF where a solo player can play either side?

Only if you want the game in 2016! The challenge is for the US player. Giving a Japanese player more latitude/control might be an interesting endeavor but since this gave explores the historical timeline and "can" you do better or worse as well as ahistorical flow variations I feel this conflict works best solo. And if this system works well I am looking towards Malta as a possible follow on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, was thinking that....Maybe a Japanese run campaign as an installment after the game is published...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
POUM
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
And if this system works well I am looking towards Malta as a possible follow on.

Yes RAF to the battlements

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.