Keyflower» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gold substitute rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flibus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, 1st post ever, feels weird, yet so right...

anyway, here's my issue: I thought I had the rules pretty well figured out, everything seemed clear until I saw a gameplay video that shattered my convictions concerning gold*: in the said video, it is stipulated that gold can be used as substitute for any other resource when upgrading, not only for point scoring. I thought it was only for point scoring...

I haven't found the answer to this question in other posts, so I try my luck here to get confirmation that it is indeed not the case.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

* well, not all convictions of course, I still think Murphy's Golden Rule applies more than we wished it would, and I'd love to experience it myself, for science's sake of course...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it can be used as a substitute for any of the other resources. It's in the rules, but I don't have them sitting right here to direct you where to find it exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's right on the first page of the rule book, in the components section, by the gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Gold can be used as a substitute for any other resource at any time during the game inculding for scoring purposes"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flibus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1st page of the rulebook, eh? Guess I'll have to go visit my eye doctor anytime soon...
And there goes yet another conviction... which actually makes the gameplay quite simpler and opens new paths towards victory, preventing one player from engrossing too many meeples due to unreplacable resource control...
Next play will be much better, thanks to all you guys for the quick answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean that during the game I can move a gold to the blacksmith (each black scores 2, or upgraded scores 3) sometime during the game and score with it there as a black at the end game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Does this mean that during the game I can move a gold to the blacksmith (each black scores 2, or upgraded scores 3) sometime during the game and score with it there as a black at the end game?

Provided you remember not to also score it as gold, yes.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Will play almost everything. Unless i hate it ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:

I was under the impression you could even just move the gold around when game is finished to what ever tile that would provide you a score.

Only goods that are on the BARN BLACKSMITH STONE YARD and TIMBER YARD that are placed during the game on those tile HAVE TO STAY on those tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolverine1977 wrote:
dlikos wrote:

I was under the impression you could even just move the gold around when game is finished to what ever tile that would provide you a score.

Only goods that are on the BARN BLACKSMITH STONE YARD and TIMBER YARD that are placed during the game on those tile HAVE TO STAY on those tiles

When gold is substituted for another resource, it doesn't also gain teleportation. If you have a tile that requires goods to be on it to score, substitute gold also has to be there. This is quite clearly laid out in the "Game End Scoring" section.

"Note that gold can be used as a substitute for the other resources on the barn, blacksmith, stone yard and timber yard tiles if it has been transported to those tiles during the game"

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
wolverine1977 wrote:
dlikos wrote:

When gold is substituted for another resource, it doesn't also gain teleportation. If you have a tile that requires goods to be on it to score, substitute gold also has to be there. This is quite clearly laid out in the "Game End Scoring" section.

"Note that gold can be used as a substitute for the other resources on the barn, blacksmith, stone yard and timber yard tiles if it has been transported to those tiles during the game"

B>

well if you have the windmill you can assign your gold to it if you want... Doesnt say it has to be on it if you score that tile as long as you dont score the gold twice. Or you can get points in the jewelier for you gold 2 points instead of 1 doesnt mean it has to be on that tile ... or you can assing all your green workers to key market when game is over to get +2 points for green meeples.They dont have to be placed on the tile during the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot move the gold. You can assign it to tiles which do not require movement to score, but you cannot move it around.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why wouldnt you move it just easyer to remember where you used it to score points or where you want to use it legally + unused goods you can move them to the tiles that gets you points for for same reason, so you know witch goods you have used.For end scoring if you move your goods to the tile you want to get points for,doesnt effect anything its just easyer to count your points and you know what goods you used.

Rules says you can move unused goods after you score your fixed tiles as long as you dont score same goods twice... since gold is used for replacing goods, why wouldnt you be allowed to move it....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Up thread you said "you can even just move gold around to what ever tile that would provide you a score". This is incorrect.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Up thread you said "you can even just move gold around to what ever tile that would provide you a score". This is incorrect.

B>

This will be the last thing i post here..

There is not one line in the rules enlish or dutch (witch i use) that tells you you cant move gold around in end scoring to assing it to a tile to score points bisides the ones that are fixed like stone yard, timber yard etc who will score first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolverine1977 wrote:
thepackrat wrote:

B>

This will be the last thing i post here..

There is not one line in the rules enlish or dutch (witch i use) that tells you you cant move gold around in end scoring to assing it to a tile to score points bisides the ones that are fixed like stone yard, timber yard etc who will score first.

That is true, but it is not what you said in response to someone specifically asking about a fixed location tile.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.