♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously. You could base the entire game on the Small Council:

Ambassador: Varys
Assassin: Cersei
Captain: Tywin
Contessa: Pycelle
Duke: Littlefinger

Who has the graphic design skills to make this happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't Varys be the Ambassador? One of the main reasons to choose that role is to examine what's in the face-down deck and use that information against your opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't Bran be the Contessa, as he's so damn difficult to kill...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Shouldn't Varys be the Ambassador? One of the main reasons to choose that role is to examine what's in the face-down deck and use that information against your opponents.

Yeah, that makes sense. Plus, Pycelle is the oldest one on the council, and has managed to stay alive long enough to be the Contessa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Hannula
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
Truthful speech, proper understanding, unselfish action
mb
The game would immediately sell 5x more with GoT theme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it! I'm no pro but I have fun with photoshop.

What version? HBO? Fantasy illustration? Comics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aguayo
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
Love it! I'm no pro but I have fun with photoshop.

What version? HBO? Fantasy illustration? Comics?

Swipe the FFG images whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Toxic
United Kingdom
Belper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my version has Tyrion as ambassador, Jaqen as assasin, Cersei as Captain, Araya as Contessa, and Eddard as Duke. I'll post some images as soon as I've finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nicknotts wrote:
my version has Tyrion as ambassador, Jaqen as assasin, Cersei as Captain, Araya as Contessa, and Eddard as Duke. I'll post some images as soon as I've finished.

Mine is similar, except I used Brienne as Contessa (since she is such a loyal protector), Littlefinger as the Duke (since he has easy access to the gold as master of coin), and Tyrion as Ambassador (he can block Cersei; being her brother he can apparently talk her out of some things)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Michaels
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I flipped the script a bit on this one.

Jaqen and Arya as Assassin and Contessa makes sense, since she was calling shots.

I went with a 'small council' only thing.

Littlefinger as obvious Duke/tax man
Tyrion has ambassador (shaking up the politics)
I put Joff in the role of 'Assassin' with the renamed 'Execute' action (I didn't want to have Ilyn Payne or the hound here)
Cersei as Contessa (even though she really wasn't able to stop Joff - but she was queen regent!)
Varys as the extortion/blackmailer "Captain".

Wanted Jaime in there, but didn't fit (a captain, sure...but extorting/stealing? no.) Pycelle didn't fit. And when I thought about it, putting like Eddard in there didn't make sense to me. This game is billed as unamed families (though I guess the players could be non-Lannister houses) vying for control of a corrupt court!

Here is Joff: Not done yet..and I did them 'bridge' sized, cause those were the only sized sleeves I had laying around! But probably could be stretched no big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Wallace
United States
California
flag msg tools
Here's a PDF with my version; it seems great minds think alike!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vhnt54kgqkmjtr/coup%20game%20of%2...

I renamed the roles, with the new ones as follows:
Tactician (Ambassador): Tyrion Lannister
Red Priestess (Contessa): Melisandre of Asshai
Assassin (Assassin): Arya Stark
Smuggler (Captain): Davos Seaworth
Master of Coin (Duke): Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish.

The one I had most doubt about was Davos as the Captain role, since it's about stealing rather than smuggling. Also I maybe should have called Tyrion's role "Strategist".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janice Y
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is an old thread. But I just recently made a new GoT version of this game because I lost my very own coup copy.
The season has changed things up a bit and I want to incorporate inquisitor as well. I want all the roles in this set to be major characters who won't die in the near future

Duke - Tyrion Lannister (because he's a Lannister and Lannisters always pays their debt)

Captain - Jon Snow? (He's the leader of the crows even though he doesn't steal... next choice would be Cersei but I don't know about having two lannisters in one set. The mechanic of Cersei (captain) to be able to steal from Tyrion (Duke) doesn't really make sense). Open to suggestions in this one!

Contessa - Definitely goes to Daenerys. No doubt. Everything seems to go her way and she doesn't ever have a threat to being killed off. At least for now.

Ambassador - Varys seems to know people's true intentions but always passive like an Ambassador

Inquisitor - Petyr Baelish (little finger) - He is able to gather information and he also backstabs Ned by outing him. Like the inquisitor.

Assassin - Arya because she's training to kill all her enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sandén
Sweden
flag msg tools
My variant:

Assassin - Petyr
Contessa - Sansa
Ambassador - Tyrion
Captain - Tywin
Duke - Illyrio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Chamberlain

Austin
Texas
msg tools
I'm thinking of going with Houses instead of specific characters.

Dukes: Lannisters ($$$$)
Assassins: Starks (honorable killings come cheaper, plus aria)
Captains: Greyjoys (pay the iron price)
Ambassadors: Baratheons (shifting allegiances?)
Contessas: Targaryens (led by blonde queen who has escaped assassination throughout her entire life)

Could print 3 individual characters to represent each house, but I think that would slightly change the balance (mostly in favor of the Ambassador?) since anyone could tell the difference between multiple copies of the same card when re-drawing from the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pipkin Oselsen
msg tools
I added these roles:
Maester - block the King
Kingslayer - swap two face down influence cards between different players
Red Viper - pay 5 coins to do an Intrigue but if you eliminate a player you kill one of your own influence cards

Plus specific House allegiance cards (having already re-skinned the Protestant/Catholic allegiances to Stark/Lannister. For example House Frey is pay one player 1 coin and look at one of the influence cards of another player.

Then I put a couple of cards in the Kings Court/Kings Landing that force players to switch one influence card to their left (Wyldlings Attack) and all players kill one of their influence cards (White Walkers).

The additions lengthen teaching it and game play but it adds more theme and chaos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Chamberlain

Austin
Texas
msg tools
Threw this together for my GoT Coup re-theme. I haven't printed it out yet, the info card text may be too small. I haven't done backs yet since I plan to stick them in solid-backed sleeves anyways.

Edit: Printed them out, they look pretty good. Also ordered these coins (https://musedfable.com/?q=node/37) to go with it. Still looking for the perfect little wooden chest to hold it all.

Edit 2: Corrected the rules for ambassador, and changed Greyjoy "Thieve" to "Raid"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven mathers
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
Fun!

Duke: Tywin Lanister (commerce)
Captain: Gregor Clegane (military)
Assassin: Jaqen H'ghar (espionage)
Ambassador: Varys (diplomacy)
Contessa: Olenna Tyrell (politics)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Shelley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
They call him Cuban Pete..
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not Salladhor Saan the pirate captain for the captain role? I know hes not a main character really in the HBO show but it fits nicely with the actions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.