Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have a city of, say, size 4 that is happy and has (due to water and exhaustion) exactly 5 resource spaces available to it, does the Mass Collection card do anything? Or can it be used to collect an additional resource from spaces already collected from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there is another card, Focused Collection, that specifically lets you collect from the same space multiple times, I would say no - Mass Collection does not say you can break the "one resource per space" rule, so you can't. You need to use it when Collecting from a different city.

This happened to me in a game yesterday - I was going to play Mass Collection, but the city was already collecting its maximum yield, so I waited and played it with a different city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:
Since there is another card, Focused Collection, that specifically lets you collect from the same space multiple times, I would say no - Mass Collection does not say you can break the "one resource per space" rule, so you can't. You need to use it when Collecting from a different city.

This happened to me in a game yesterday - I was going to play Mass Collection, but the city was already collecting its maximum yield, so I waited and played it with a different city.

Correct. Mass Collection breaks no other rules than how many resources a city can collect. (I don't have the card here, but I thought it specifically mentioned this? Maybe an older version of the card )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the clarification. My wife tried to play it yesterday to collect multiple times from the same hex. I didn't think that was how it was supposed to work, but being the diplomat I am (and given the ambiguity of the wording) I let her go ahead and get away with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making amends
marqzen wrote:
Mass Collection breaks no other rules than how many resources a city can collect.
This means a much better wording would be 'collect from 2 more spaces than usual' rather than the current 'collect two more resources than normal' which implies spaces may be more productive, not the city itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.