A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Get these bad boys quick if you want them. They won't be around long. I nabbed a set to use with Mouse Guard.

Alas, the dice are sold out...

See here: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/191
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryken C

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FIGURE SET and DICE back in stock!
I'm so torn on this. I would like the minions, but don't really need the heroes. I'm also sort of thinking there will be extra minions in the expansions so I should hold off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, got both on order!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rtc84 wrote:
I'm so torn on this. I would like the minions, but don't really need the heroes. I'm also sort of thinking there will be extra minions in the expansions so I should hold off.
The first expansion is small and only includes one minion (boss). The second expansion will offer more minions but of a different kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryken C

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
rtc84 wrote:
The first expansion is small and only includes one minion (boss). The second expansion will offer more minions but of a different kind.

Thanks for the confirmation Jerry! It's amazing that you are answering so many questions here. My wife is going to kill me if I order more and have paint supplies out for the next couple weeks again, but it may have to happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Adam
United Kingdom
Co. Down
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link Siouxfire! I couldn't resist.
Also delighted to see that shipping to the UK for both a set of dice and a set of figures was only $6.30!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
rathmourne wrote:
Thanks for the link Siouxfire! I couldn't resist.
Also delighted to see that shipping to the UK for both a set of dice and a set of figures was only $6.30!

Yes, I did too. Love Plaid Hat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
naf
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerry, the rules state:

Quote:
If a surge requires minion figures to be placed, and there
are not enough of those figures available, place as many
as possible and ignore the rest.

With these new figures, you can have double the original minions available. In your opinion, would this mess with the balance of the scenarios and make them too difficult (having 2 spiders on the board at the same time, for example)?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
naf313 wrote:
Jerry, the rules state:

Quote:

With these new figures, you can have double the original minions available. In your opinion, would this mess with the balance of the scenarios and make them too difficult (having 2 spiders on the board at the same time, for example)?

Thanks in advance!
I do think it would mess with the balance. Things in M&M can get weird real fast. My earliest sets of encounter cards had fodder based surges and no limit on minions. Players would almost get through an encounter, then a Surge would bring 5 more roaches. They would almost be done with those, and another Surge would hit.

The best way to keep the game flowing along is to create limits. Almost all encounter card Surges are big figures who only attack once. Having two large figures out can happen but it is rare and dangerous. Increasing the figures available, could bypass part of these limitations and make it tough for the mice, but some players like it tougher.

I'm going to paint my extra minion set in an alternate color scheme. The extra mice will be chopped up and used to portray new heroes so that when I'm playtesting I don't have to use Lily as a stand in for Nere' etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
naf
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
naf313 wrote:
Jerry, the rules state:

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I do think it would mess with the balance. Things in M&M can get weird real fast. My earliest sets of encounter cards had fodder based surges and no limit on minions. Players would almost get through an encounter, then a Surge would bring 5 more roaches. They would almost be done with those, and another Surge would hit.

The best way to keep the game flowing along is to create limits. Almost all encounter card Surges are big figures who only attack once. Having two large figures out can happen but it is rare and dangerous. Increasing the figures available, could bypass part of these limitations and make it tough for the mice, but some players like it tougher.

I'm going to paint my extra minion set in an alternate color scheme. The extra mice will be chopped up and used to portray new heroes so that when I'm playtesting I don't have to use Lily as a stand in for Nere' etc.

Cool, thanks for the response! I figured this would be the case I ordered a set, now I'll probably use them to paint boss versions of the minions for Captain Vurst, Skitter-Clak, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.