Subject: Vietnam at Prezcon, February 20-22, 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Svensson
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
VG's Vietnam will be held as an event at Prezcon in Charlottesville, VA. The campaign game will be played over the course of three days, February 20-22, 2013.

The hope is to complete through 1968. Sounds daunting you say? It is! However, here is an opportunity for face-to-face play. You can play all three days or join in for a day. This event is designed to be amenable to your situation.

Please feel free to contact me at spqrfan@aol if you would like to commit to playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Martin

What kind of registration do we need to do to play this? I was planning on paying just the open gaming fee.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Svensson
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
As of the moment, the event is in jeopardy. I had two players that had committed to play all three days. Within the past two weeks both players have had to drop out due various concerns.

Playing the campaign game for a day would be pointless. At least playing three days would produce something concrete and worth the time investment.

I plan to hold open the event as a possibility until February 10th. If I have a guaranteed participant who will commit to three days, I will proceed. Otherwise, I don't want to set up the game at a convention for solitaire play.

If you have three days to spare from February 20-22, contact me at spqrfan@aol.com. If the event will be cancelled, it will be announced here. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Svensson
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
As a matter of update, the Vietnam event to be held at Prezcon will be cancelled.

It was to be held over three days and I needed at least one individual to play all three days, otherwise, hoping for fill-in players to cover a day or part of a day was not feasable. The campaign game requires too much work to undertake it without a player or teams lined up in advance. Hoping for walk-up players would be senseless.

For those that gave a thumbs up, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bummer Martin. I wonder if it would be worth a consideration to try a weekend game somewhere? If you are going to PREZCON you must be close?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.