Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you start a promo program to where players can receive extra little things like schemes, masterminds, or cards that make playing a little more goofy once every month or two.

I would love you more than I did in 1994 when every dime I could scrape up went to baseball cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, on the other hand, hope you don't.

There's nothing more frustrating to me than trying to collect a complete game with all expansions, and being unable to get "chase" promos. Like promos that are only available to people who attend a specific convention, or pre-order/order from a specific vendor, etc.

If you're going to do promos, they need wide distribution, they need to be available for a long time, and be relatively inexpensive.

Otherwise, just stick the cards in the next set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are both very good points and while we understand the need for players to have exclusive items, we also understand the frustration when not everyone can get them.

That said, we are working on a plan that will hopefully please the masses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schemes don't need to be actual cards. Downloadable PnP? Very easy to do and fills both criteria
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, they don't really have to give them away at exclusive events or anything. Hell, start a "subscription" or membership kind of thing for players who are interested. Or even put them up for sale on bgg like dominion does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Verzal
United States
North Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
I agree that I want more stuff! I hope anything completely new would be available to everybody. If something were going to be exclusive to a handful of conventions, I'd hope it would be something the rest of us can live without like new versions of existing cards (Iron Man 3 cards with a photo of the armor from the film replacing the illustration on the cards, or bystander cards featuring G.Paltrow as Pepper, etc...).

I just picked up this game over the weekend. Its fantastic, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sidney poitier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Brenzor wrote:

What, the masses outside the usa???????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of them doing something goofy like an evil Santa Clause mastermind available at Christmas or a Stan Lee superhero. Make it available through their website or BGG. I too hate the "only available at a certain convention or for an arm and a leg on Ebay" type promotions but I like the idea of something that you wouldn't normally include in an expansion but is still relatively obtainable for the average person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Big Poppi
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the idea of selling a promo at a convention first and then offering it to the general public later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Donohue
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
poitier wrote:
Brenzor wrote:

What, the masses outside the usa???????

hahahaha...no

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I wish I had known about this before I ordered it. I hate chasing rare variants or paying huge money for them. Makes me crazy when 7 Wonders, a game I otherwise adore, does it with Leader cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrNate wrote:
I wish I had known about this before I ordered it. I hate chasing rare variants or paying huge money for them. Makes me crazy when 7 Wonders, a game I otherwise adore, does it with Leader cards...

I think all indications thus far point to any promos not being "rare", or otherwise unobtainable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see Single Hero/Villian booster packs... so you could pick and choose the ones you are interested in... give them a $5-$7 price point... I'd love to be able to get just little expansions here and there... maybe throw in a new scheme or something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PooEater wrote:
I'd love to see Single Hero/Villian booster packs... so you could pick and choose the ones you are interested in... give them a $5-$7 price point... I'd love to be able to get just little expansions here and there... maybe throw in a new scheme or something

Thia would be a great idea, but i believe board game stores shy away from really small expansions, as they don't showcase themselves enough to entice buyers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PooEater wrote:

I would be very much against this idea. A hero is 14 cards and there is no way I'd be in favor of such a model. There were 15 heros in the base game, and under your suggested model, just the heros would cost more than the base game (which was already expensive). We'd all be much better off with the current expansion plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.