Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
96 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: BC Winter League Rd1- dorktron2000 (Lixis) vs grasa_total (Heketch) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Welcome gentlepeople, to the first round of the BattleCON Winter League! You both know the rules. First to KO their opponent wins the match. Now, I want to see a good, clean fight." *eyes both opponents suspiciously*

oLoooHo

Lixis
Life: 20
Discard 1: Naturalizing Grasp
Discard 2: Pruning Dash

Heketch
Life: 20
Discard 1: Rasping Dash
Discard 2: Critical Grasp
Tokens: Dark Force

Rules:

1. Select your cards (and, if applicable, ante your tokens) and PM your selection to me. Include your discard piles as they stand at the beginning of the beat. The format of the PM should look something like this:

Quote:
Hikaru
Ante Fire Token (+3 Power)

Cards: Sweeping Strike
Range: 1
Power: 6
Priority: 6

Effects:

If you are hit this turn, you take an additional 2 points of damage.

Stun Guard 5.

Discard 1: Advancing Grasp
Discard 2: Geomantic Burst

2. After I have received the choices from all players, I will post the Reveal on this thread.
3. Then each player will post choices for Reveal effects (if necessary) and we will use PMs to resolve Clashes (if necessary).
4. Start of Beat effects will then resolve (Active player then Reactive player).
5. Active Player will post his or her activation.
6. Reactive Player will post his or her activation (if not stunned).
7. Discards will Recycle. (Keep in mind: Discard 2 goes to your hand at end of the beat)
8. Please maintain the utmost courtesy as befitting BGG users.
9. Have fun![/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lixis bows and prepares for battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heketch offers a toothy grin and bounces in place nervously. On the one hand, after hundreds of years he still hates everyone and everything on this plane. On the other hand, someone else who likes poisoning their enemies can't be all bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(BTW, since I didn't already say it: Good luck to you and thanks for the game! I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You too! Let's have some fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat 1 Attacks

Lixis
Attack: Venomous Burst

Range: 2-3
Power: 4
Priority: 4

Start of Beat: Retreat 1 space.
Before activating: Advance up to 1 space.
On Hit: The opponent has -2 priority next beat.

Heketch
Assassin Strike (Ante Dark Force - teleport three spaces forward and get +3 priority)

Range: 1
Power: 4
Priority: 6
Stun Guard 5
On Hit: Retreat any number of spaces.
On Damage, Range 1: You may discard your Dark Force token to prevent opponent from moving next beat.

LOHOOOO

"Heketch begins the duel like a bolt out of the shadows, aiming at Lixis with a deadly blade. Lixis narrowly backs out of knife range, leaving behind a venomous cloud that burns Heketch's lungs."

Heketch discards shot.

Lixis - 20 life
Discard 1: Venemous Burst
Discard 2: Naturalizing Grasp
Pruning Dash added to hand

Heketch - 16 life
Discard 1: Assasin Strike Shot
Discard 2: Rasping Dash
Critical Grasp added to hand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... I don't know what the range modifier on Venomous is, but what exactly is the range on Venomous Burst?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will not advance.

EDIT: I think you got us backwards on that original board positioning in the first post. The updated positioning looks right though.

We went from this: oL000Ho
To this: ooooHoL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will keep a close eye on the matchup since I've had a very, very hard time defeating Heketch when playing with Lixis. She's definitely an advanced character for me... I can't seem to find answers against Heketch when I play Lixis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will discard Shot to Lixis's UA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat 2 Attacks

Lixis
Pruning Lance

Range 2
Power 2 plus 3=5
Priority 3 plus 3=6
Reveal: This attack has +1 power and priority for each base in your opponents discard piles
Opponents cannot move into spaces adjacent to you this turn

Heketch
Critical Knives

Range: 1-2
Power: 3
Priority: 6 minus 2=4
This attack ignores stun guard
This attack does not stun an opponent at range one
On hit, range 1: You may spend a Dark Force token for +3 power
If a clash would occur due to a priority tie, you become the active player

Lixis wins priority and deals 5 damage. Heketch is stunned. Heketch discards grasp.

LOHOOOO

"Lixis takes advantage of the venom still in Heketch's eyes and fiercely jabs him with her lance, causing him to stagger."

Lixis - 20 life
Discard 1: Pruning Lance
Discard 2: Venomous Burst
Naturalizing Grasp added to hand

Heketch - 11 life
Discard 1: Critical Knives Grasp
Discard 2: Assassin Strike Shot
Rasping Dash added to hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat 3 attacks

Please PM me you moves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be a pain, but what base will Heketch discard from this last hit? I need to know for the strategeez!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will discard Grasp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat 3 Attacks

Lixis
Vine Dash

Range n/a
Power n/a
Priority 7
Stun Guard 3

Opponents cannot move past you
This attack does not hit or do damage,
After activating: move 1-3 spaces, switching sides causes opponent's attack to miss

Heketch
Merciless Dash

Range: n/a
Power: n/a
Priority: 9

This attack does not hit or do damage
If an opponent moves past you, that player loses 2 life and cannot move again during this beat
After activating: move 1-3 spaces, switching sides causes opponent's attack to miss
After activating: If you have Dark Force, attacks do not hit or do damage

Heketch advances 1. Lixis advances 3 and loses 2 life when moving past Heketch. Heketch regains Dark Force.

oHooLoo

"Heketch's vision clears just in time to see Lixis making a run for it. He darts in and gives her a quick shiv as she sprints by before hiding back in the shadows."

Lixis - 18 life
Discard 1: Vine Dash
Discard 2: Pruning Lance
Venomous Burst added to hand

Heketch - 11 life
Discard 1: Merciless Dash
Discard 2: Critical Knives Grasp
Assassin Strike Shot added to hand
Tokens: Dark Force

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's interesting.

I move one space left (toward Lixis).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, great minds.

Lixis advances 3 spaces which I believe will cause 2 damage to her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the ability on Merciless stop her immediately (i.e. in space 3) or just prevent her from using other movement effects this turn (i.e. she still moves to space 5)?

(I've played it the first way, since it seems like the latter interpretation makes it a very niche ability. But I can see how I could be totally wrong!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Does the ability on Merciless stop her immediately (i.e. in space 3) or just prevent her from using other movement effects this turn (i.e. she still moves to space 5)?

(I've played it the first way, since it seems like the latter interpretation makes it a very niche ability. But I can see how I could be totally wrong!)

That is actually a very good question. Anyone want to chime in with a semi-official (or official) answer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
grasa_total wrote:

That is actually a very good question. Anyone want to chime in with a semi-official (or official) answer?

How is it worded, exactly? My recollection is that it stops ANY further movement that beat, but it's been a while since I've played Heketch, so I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
sputang wrote:
grasa_total wrote:

How is it worded, exactly? My recollection is that it stops ANY further movement that beat, but it's been a while since I've played Heketch, so I could be wrong.

Exact wording: "If an opponent moves past you, that player loses 2 life and may not move again during this beat."

So the question is, does that mean they cannot activate another "move effect" this beat? Does the dash 3 count as "one move"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:
sputang wrote:
grasa_total wrote:

Exact wording: "If an opponent moves past you, that player loses 2 life and may not move again during this beat."

So the question is, does that mean they cannot activate another "move effect" this beat? Does the dash 3 count as "one move"?

One move is one move action, independent of how many spaces you moved. So, a Dash is one move action, no matter how many spaces you dashed. It makes a difference only if you have more than one move effect in the same attack pair.

After all, it says it preventes another Move actions, it doesn't say that it stops them from moving, like similar effects do, like Lixis's Lance or Khadarth's annoying gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ok either way. If I get stopped at space 3, Heketch would not regain his token. I am inclined to say a Dash is one move so I couldn't use another move effect but I can see it interpreted either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with either interpretation too. It looks like sputang already updated the beat to put you on space 5, so let's go with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, and you will retain your Dark Force token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.