Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this and played it a couple of times this weekend. Love it. Great game. Great components. Just all around fantastic.

But I have one complaint. I cannot stand the cheesy cardboard standees for the Wonders. Ugh! Augh! I'm sure the decision on that was due to production cost. All those other plastic city bits had to be expensive, but I'd gladly pay for a set of nicer, larger standees on plastic bases. The ones that come with the game truncate so much of the image that it's hard to even tell what each Wonder is. It's hardly "wondrous" to say the least.

So if anyone's inclined to print up some promos for the geekstore...I'd buy something like that in a heartbeat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Tavares
Brazil
Goiânia
Goiás
flag msg tools
Playing 'til death!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can´t agree more! The wonders are very ugly...
I would buy some minis too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you and you are correct that it was production costs. Christian has previously indicated he wanted golden minatures for each but that the cost proved to be too prohibitive for the publisher. If you look through the forums though there have been a couple people to make alternative pieces from craft store items. I think that is the route I will be taking myself to pimp my set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan

Dallas, Tx
msg tools
mbmb
Yup. That's why at least a couple of us have created new wonders out of wood or foam and painted them Gold. Much more enjoyable than with the cardboard wonders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really, really, really wanted gold-colored minis for Wonders. But the game was already very expenssive to make and has a much lower profit margin than most games. Adding minis would mean a beautiful game, but a fiasco with no sales.

An unfortunate fact.

Thank you fir the kind words.

Keep having fun cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Drew
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like an opportunity to make some money ala Animeeples and Vegemeeples.

Personally, I am OK with the cardboard bits (more so than the plastic unit bits actually).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I really, really, really wanted gold-colored minis for Wonders.

Well, should the opportunity ever arise to cast golden wonders and sell them separately, I'd be more than happy to pay for them. Or maybe we'll see them included in an expansion someday (along with elephants!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Tavares
Brazil
Goiânia
Goiás
flag msg tools
Playing 'til death!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:
I really, really, really wanted gold-colored minis for Wonders. But the game was already very expenssive to make and has a much lower profit margin than most games. Adding minis would mean a beautiful game, but a fiasco with no sales.

An unfortunate fact.

Thank you fir the kind words.

Keep having fun cool

Christian, first of all, congratulations for the excellent game!
The guys from Clever Mojo Games had a great idea: they offered a deluxe upgrade pack to their game Alien Frontiers (as some other guys did before for other games). What about that? I think your game deserves it! I would spend some bucks on that, for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
zpeteman wrote:
Quote:
I really, really, really wanted gold-colored minis for Wonders.

Well, should the opportunity ever arise to cast golden wonders and sell them separately, I'd be more than happy to pay for them. Or maybe we'll see them included in an expansion someday (along with elephants!).

REAL gold???????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Urban
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
3D printing is an option nowadays. The meshes shouldn't be hard to create.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.