David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, okay, I can barely ignore the siren call of SMG anymore. Too many fans, too much good chatter ... gack! Whew, err ...

Has shipping cost of DoD to Canada gone up with the recent (and quite startling) USPS fee increases? Other wargaming threads are direly predicting the average wargame sized box (think GMT-sized) is now going to be $40+?!

Also, is the DoD that I'd order the 2nd edition one?

Are there any retailers (in Canada) that you can buy from instead of direct?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Shipping to Canada gone up? 2nd edition now shipping?

1. Easy-- there are no more 1st Editions to be had, at least not directly from LBG. Unlike other companies, they produce things in very small lots.
They have been shipping 2nd Edition since last August. If you want a 1st Edition, you can buy mine (but why would you want to!).

2. Yes, the US postal rates took a jump. I don't know how much LBG is going to increase their rates, but they have not yet.

They have really been mostly 'subsidizing' shipping anyway and seldom collect as much as it costs to ship. Especially when folks order stuff beyond Day-- like picking up the big box expansions-- their shipping charges only cover part of the real cost.

Look here:
https://www.lostbattaliongames.com/t-shipping.aspx

You will find your shipping goes DOWN as you order more.

3. I am not familiar with retailers in Canada but we see a fair number of Canadian players, so perhaps they can help with that.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Only $17.95 to Canada. That's gonna push me over the purchase edge. Thanks for the link, Kevin.

Later edit ... ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that international shipping is pretty low!
i paid $22 for a 12" record to be shipped to the uk!!!!!
I do fear the rising postage costs (they're going up here too) will soon nail an end to transatlantic buying and selling, but i hope some other way of doing it pops up.. you have too many good things i need!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, here's to the folks who have been thinking about it... better move quickly!

They realize the new postal increases really 'demand' that they increase things some, but they aren't going to just jump up and slap "add X dollars" to everything. They want to assess the whole picture and balance things, but you can count on some increase. It will be a couple weeks before that happens, though, so if you've been on the fence, this is a good time to jump off.

Geronimo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Wow! Only $17.95 to Canada. That's gonna push me over the purchase edge. Thanks for the link, Kevin.

Later edit ... ordered!

Well, if you had a friend in Buffalo you could have it shipped there, play a game or two and run home to save a bit on postage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a standing offer-- Canadians. You've got a friend in Buffalo! (Bring him beer-- bring me cider.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:

Later edit ... ordered!

Well, if you had a friend in Buffalo you could have it shipped there, play a game or two and run home to save a bit on postage

True, that. Next time we're driving down to Lexington to see friends down I75, though, I'll stop for a game at your place!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:

Later edit ... ordered!

True, that. Next time we're driving down to Lexington to see friends down I75, though, I'll stop for a game at your place!

I'm just off the "autobahn" ...hope you like Manahattans...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.