Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys and gals,

I just ordered this game after reading quite a few reviews. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to helping me make my decision.

My eventual intention is to get each of the expansion (force) packs as they come out, with the ultimate objective being to be able to play a 3 vs 1 match, since many of my game nights involve my friend, his wife, and my wife. So four players would be optimum.

As far as the core set goes that I just ordered, I was hoping that someone who has it might be able to clear up my question about starter decks. Obviously, the game comes equipped right-out-of-the-box to play a 1 vs 1 game, using the included cards to build whatever starter deck you like from the existing core card set. My question is, however:

Can I potentially build 2 LIGHT SIDE decks and 2 DARK SIDE decks using only the core sets that can remain presorted? In other words, I would like to open up the core set, choose one of 2 DARK SIDE decks that I have constructed using the core cards, and then choose one of 2 LIGHT SIDE decks that I did the same for and play them head to head.

For example, for the DARK SIDE, maybe one of them leans toward the Sith as the main focus and the other would be the Imperial Navy. The LIGHT SIDE would be similar; one would be Jedi-centric, and the other Rebels.

Can this be done, or am I going to be forced to use certain cards in both decks, meaning I will have to write down somewhere which cards need to go with which deck for easy construction?

Thanks!
Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can build all 4 starter decks with 1 core set at the same time. Those starter decks are not tournament legal decks as they only contain 8 objectives each.

As far as tournament legal decks (10 objective decks) you can build 1 of those per side with a single core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK,

SO I could either play with those 8-Objective decks and leave it at that, or I could designate 2 objectives that I can "transfer" between the decks, meaning I have minimal deck-building before each game.

Additionally, when I get the expansions, I could then easily have 2 decks per Force Side that are 10-Objective Tournament legal sized decks.

Am I right in assuming all that?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two major factions for each side (Sith/Navy for Dark, Jedi/Rebel for Light) only have 7 objectives in Core, so you'd need to float three sets worth between each deck, but yes, it would be a possible way to get tournament legal decks without any real construction.

Your other question is contingent on the exact Force Pack contents, but if I were a betting man, I'd say you should be able to fill out four tournament-sized decks with one Force Pack + one Core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akolotu Moeloa
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight is nothing if not adept at luring us into purchasing a second core set if we want to make quality decks from their base LCGs. I'll be picking up a second soon.

Damn you, FFG!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm personally proud of them for only making us buy two core sets to get a complete play set with every possible combination. This feels like a good, big step for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own two and am considering buying more cheap if I can find them as I like to have a lot of decks built at the same time and I am finding some OSets I want in multiple decks at the same time. That or buy some singles online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is currently CSI's deal of the day for $19.99

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1175

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa. Thanks for that tip. I just cancelled my Amazon order and went with Cool Stuff.

Amazon says my order was being prepped for shipment and they will do their best to cancel it. Part of me is hoping they don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.