Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
xkander
Italy
Castelbuono
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to setup an ACTS module for Andean Abyss, for players (like me) that don't have the chance to play Vassal online at the same time with other players (around the world).
Of course AA is a New Kind of Card-Assisted Wargame, and it's impossible in ACTS to create a deck with 4 piles, each pile with 15 cards and ONE Propaganda card.

Then to play the game on ACTS (+Vassal/CB) it will be necessary to implement some changes to the standard "card driven wargame". This is what I'm considering for playing AA on ACTS:

1. No hand for players. Only ONE player will reveal the new card
2. BUT, before to reveal the new card, verify if a Propaganda card will be drawn, with the following procedure

3. Propaganda cards are not in the deck and are managed via die rolls with different increasing success chance:

3.1 Before to play the first event card, two cards are revealed (rulebook 2.2)

3.2 Because a single Propaganda card is shuffled with other 15 cards, the chance that the first revealed card is a Prop card is 1/16. Roll a die and determine if the first card is a Prop.

3.3 If the first die-roll says that the first card is not a Prop card, reveal the first "real" card from the deck (and set n=1 & P=16-n=15).

3.4 Now the chance that the 2nd card is a Prop card is 1/15 (= 1/P). Roll a die and determine if the second card is a Prop.

3.5 If the 2nd die-roll says that the 2nd card is not a Prop, reveal the 2nd "real" card (and set n=2 & P=16-n=14)

3.6 If the Prop card is still in the deck, before to reveal the 3rd card the "prop-chance" will be 1/14 (=1/P), then for the 4th the chance will be 1/13 and so on.

3.7 Finally the first Propaganda card will be drawn at the n-th die roll (end of the first Campaign), so for the following (16-n) rounds there will not be prop-die rolls, and ONE player will draw the new event card (without die-roll).

3.8 After the first 16 cards (15 real cards + Propaganda) have been played, the player rolls again for the second propaganda card, following the previous success scheme 1/16 -> 1/15 -> 1/14 ...)

Please note that using this procedure only the first 60 cards are in play and the bottom 12 cards are automatically discarded.

What do you think? Maybe it looks too complicated, but I think that a single die roll it's manageable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds a very good idea to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very creative!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After I've had a night to sleep on it, it looks good. Elegant and effective.

When do we start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xkander
Italy
Castelbuono
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GS in KS wrote:
After I've had a night to sleep on it, it looks good. Elegant and effective.

When do we start?

Work in progress! First 40 cards are in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xkander
Italy
Castelbuono
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alessandro Raimondo wrote:

Work in progress! First 40 cards are in!

Module is completed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.