Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narvi's Belt: "Attach to a Dwarf Hero. Action: Exhaust Narvi's Belt to give attached Hero a resource icon of your choice until the end of the phase."

I assume, nothing keeps me from using the resources of the dwarf hero, to which Narvi's Belt is attached, as baggins sphere resources, until the end of the phase, in which Narvi's Belt was exhausted, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
badge
Thank you, to whoever gifted me the Geek Citizenship Recognition badge! You're a pretty cool person, anonymous BGGer!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Narvi's Belt: "Attach to a Dwarf Hero. Action: Exhaust Narvi's Belt to give attached Hero a resource icon of your choice until the end of the phase."

I assume, nothing keeps me from using the resources of the dwarf hero, to which Narvi's Belt is attached, as baggins sphere resources, until the end of the phase, in which Narvi's Belt was exhausted, right?

I posted a similar thing a while ago and a lot of people tried to tell me it didn't work but couldn't show me rules proof, nor has there been any sort of FAQ saying you can't.

It's seem perfectly legal to me.

There is a couple of cards that are worded like: "Bilbo Baggins may spend X resources" or "Bilbo Baggins gains: Action-exhaust and spend x resources" so you can't utilize it for everything but it does work on quite a few things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had an offline chat with a member of the design team about this, so it's not official, but in short even though a literal interpretation of this effect is that you can do so, the intent is that you can't - that the Baggins sphere is so unique to Bilbo that you may only pay Baggins resources with resource tokens on Bilbo; that any card that would allow another hero to do so would break the balance of the Hobbit scenarios. The upcoming FAQ update should reflect this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the FAQ has errated the card to now show icons of the four spheres the belt can emulate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
I believe the FAQ has errated the card to now show icons of the four spheres the belt can emulate.

Indeed, it has. It doesn't include Baggins sphere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.