Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am trying to figure out when you can flip a PC marker in this game. From what i can tell the only time is when you have units on that space. The only other thing I saw is you can flip a PC marker if you discard a event card. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a bit confusing. I don't have my rulebook handy, but others might know.

One thing I can suggest is to pick up a copy of GMT's C3i magazine issue #24. There are some excellent player aids included with this issue that clarifies the options of British and Americans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already got the ones that were on here. I am pretty sure they are the same but you are right they were SUPER handy for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even when you discard an event card, there are still restrictions on what can be flipped, and yes, it requires an army.

(What he says below, it is a bit more complicated)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have to have an army (general + CUs) on it or an American general. A CU by itself cannot flip a PC, nor can a British general by himself. And since generals cannot move on to an enemy PC by themselves, you may be wondering how it is even possible to have an American general on top of an enemy PC. It comes from playing a card that allows you to remove CUs from an enemy (ex: Penn-NJ Line mutiny). I like to play that and then remove them from an American general who is surrounded by an ocean of British PCs. He ain't going anywhere!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are FIVE ways/opportunities to flip a PC counter:

1) You can use your OPS card on spaces occupied by your army. No PC adjacency rule is required. No daisy-chaining.

2) You can discard an Event Card and flip an enemy PC that is occupied by your own army. (That restriction must be followed by both the British and the Americans per Rule 10.11. Same as above.)

3) There are 4 Campaign Cards that allow you to flip with a landing party as long as the port is not fortified.

4) You can play "Lord Sandwich Coastal Raids" to flip ANY Port space that doesn't have an American unit.

5) And finally at the end of the Game Turn, during the Political Control Phase, ALL spaces occupied by an army can be flipped to their side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.