Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marius Thomassen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there, got a few questions about Warhammer quest,

not been able to play it much yet but there are some of the rules i'm not sure on.

first one being the monster spawning in dungeon rooms, don't recall right now which page i read it on in the rule book but when you spawn monsters in a dungeon room you are to spawn them there, and if you got to many monsters they may spill over to the other room's/corridors. and you got the one to one rule for the monsters.
But what do i do if not all my hero's are in the same room? do i spawn the monsters in that room with the one to one rule on the hero's in that room or do the "one to one" rule mean that i have to spawn the same amount of monsters on all players even if they aren't in the same room? sorta a ambush on all the players.
if you have some page references that would be nice or just your view on it.

My second question is about monsters and gear, do orc archers and goblin archers have swords for melee combat or do they fight unarmed in close combat? Do Orcs do 3 str. in damage or do they do 1d6 + 3str. damage? the cards doesn't list them with a sword, but the model got a sword same gos for a lot of the cards, in other words, do i use the cards as they are or do i add the weapon effect for the weapon type the model got?

if any of my questions should be unclear please just say so and i will try to rewrite them.

Marius

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
The Dungeon
Warhammer Quest
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
Milksupport wrote:
Hey there, got a few questions about Warhammer quest,

not been able to play it much yet but there are some of the rules i'm not sure on.

first one being the monster spawning in dungeon rooms, don't recall right now which page i read it on in the rule book but when you spawn monsters in a dungeon room you are to spawn them there, and if you got to many monsters they may spill over to the other room's/corridors. and you got the one to one rule for the monsters.
But what do i do if not all my hero's are in the same room? do i spawn the monsters in that room with the one to one rule on the hero's in that room or do the "one to one" rule mean that i have to spawn the same amount of monsters on all players even if they aren't in the same room? sorta a ambush on all the players.
if you have some page references that would be nice or just your view on it.

My second question is about monsters and gear, do orc archers and goblin archers have swords for melee combat or do they fight unarmed in close combat? Do Orcs do 3 str. in damage or do they do 1d6 + 3str. damage? the cards doesn't list them with a sword, but the model got a sword same gos for a lot of the cards, in other words, do i use the cards as they are or do i add the weapon effect for the weapon type the model got?

if any of my questions should be unclear please just say so and i will try to rewrite them.

Marius

1. (Main Rulebook page 14)

BUT THE WARRIORS AREN'T ALL IN THE SAME PLACE...
Sometimes the Warriors may be split between different board sections
when they are attacked by Monsters. In this situation take a Warrior
counter to determine where the Monsters appear, and place them in the
board section that contains the Warrior whose counter was drawn.
For example: the Elf is by himself in a corridor, and an Unexpected Event
results in an attack by some Monsters. You draw the Elf's Warrior
counter from the cup, and the Monsters are placed on that board section.
All the Monsters will attack the Elf if they can! Only if you run out of
room on that board section will the Monsters spill over and attack the
other Warriors.

Note: It is a good idea for the Warriors to stick together on the same
board section as this means the Monsters will have to divide their
forces to fight all the Warriors.

2. (Main Rulebook page 14)

MONSTERS WITH MISSILE WEAPONS
An exception to the above rule is where the Monsters are armed with
bows, or other long ranged missile weapons. These Monsters are placed
as far away from the Warriors as possible, whilst remaining on the same
or adjoining board section and still able to see their target.

Monsters with missile weapons also have swords.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.