Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my first attempt at a corp deckbuild. Not tested in the field yet, so rip it apart

I'm going to limit to 1 core + datapacks, and I'm not to bothered about being super competitive. More just enjoy myself and (in case of this deck annoy the runner).

My hazy deck strategy is
(1) not try so much as about stopping runner getting to cores but instead exploit identity to slow and drain them so that they are low on resources and clicks by time they can start run on remotes.
There's lots of net damage, but not intended to flatline mainly - more to make runner draw new cards and generally just screw with them.

(2) trick of light can be used to move advancement from ice walls or not-biting traps to give headstart to advancing and overadvancing the agendas (or of course bluff that I'm doing that)
Theoretically one or two tricks of light can let me install and score Ninsei, PR or an over-advanced braintrust in two turns.

(3) ice walls are there for some early protection but also just somewhere to "store" tokens. Heimdall to give some later game strength (and again just drain the runner). Tollbooth because it's just so good.

(4) I intend to bluff outrageously with unprotected cards - zaibatsu I'm happy to put unprotected to force runner to waste a run against a core then 4 to trash. In general I'm thinking ice up the cores strong so that remotes don't need to be (due to ident).
Trick of light also lets you do silly stunt of installing unprotected remote and advancing to three or four and daring runner to see if it's agenda or certain death.

Identity:
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (10)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
Nisei MK II (Core) x2 x3
Priority Requisition (Core) x2
Private Security Force x 1
(Total Agenda Points: 22 20)

Asset: (12)
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x2
PAD Campaign (Core) x3
Project Junebug (Core) x3
Snare! (Core) x3
Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core) x1

ICE: (18)
Chum (Core) x2
Data Mine (Core) x2
Enigma (Core) x3
Heimdall 1.0 (Core)** x2
Ice Wall (Core) x3
Neural Katana (Core) x3
Tollbooth (Core)** x3

Operation: (8)
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x3
Neural EMP (Core) x2
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (1)
Corporate Troubleshooter (Core)* x1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny Karlsson
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an invalid deck:

- 45 to 49 cards requires 20 or 21 agenda points.
- 50 to 54 cards requires 22 or 23 agenda points.

I think you would benefit a lot from dropping the prio reqs and adding another nisei mk II and a private security force, giving you a total of 10 cards worth 20 agenda points, you also force the runner to steal 4 agendas instead of having a chance to win with just 3. Gives you more time to play around with bluffing, if they see through your tricks and steal an agenda, it won't hurt as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, here we go:

1. You have 1 too many Agenda points - for a 49 card deck you need exactly 20 or 21.

2. Remember that the runner can jack out after the first piece of ice on a central server, so putting all of your ice on the central servers isnt going to get what you want. The one thing to remember is the outermost piece of ice they have to encounter, so things like tollbooth, enigma and neural katana are great outer ice (since they will lose something even if they dont intend on breaking them. If they do break them, it usually costs them money, so its a win-win).

3. You are a little light on ice.

Besides that, I think it looks decent.

EDIT: I saw you were using one core, and only 2 Nisei, so I assumed it was a 2-of in the core, but it looks to be a 3-of. GET YOURSELF A THIRD NISEI! Its the best agenda in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saan wrote:
Okay, here we go:

1. You have 1 too many Agenda points - for a 49 card deck you need exactly 20 or 21.

2. Remember that the runner can jack out after the first piece of ice on a central server, so putting all of your ice on the central servers isnt going to get what you want. The one thing to remember is the outermost piece of ice they have to encounter, so things like tollbooth, enigma and neural katana are great outer ice (since they will lose something even if they dont intend on breaking them. If they do break them, it usually costs them money, so its a win-win).

1) oh yeah. must have messed up when changing agendas around.

2) that is a goddamn very good point I kinda forgot about (wishful thinking probably)
I guess (hope) less heavy ice on cores and stick those on remotes instead will kind of balance out and achive similar end result.

3) yes I was struggling to keep to 49 cards. Is it worth going over 49 cards to get extra ice or should cut something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I think you would benefit a lot from dropping the prio reqs and adding another nisei mk II and a private security force, giving you a total of 10 cards worth 20 agenda points, you also force the runner to steal 4 agendas instead of having a chance to win with just 3. Gives you more time to play around with bluffing, if they see through your tricks and steal an agenda, it won't hurt as much.

I see your point. I was hoping PR might would help with getting heimdall and tollbooth rezzed, but I guess is very dependant on deck order.
And now you mention it winning on 3 steals is not good. A couple makers eyes could destroy me
And you're right of course - bluffing will rely on me being able to afford giving away a few agendas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jorum wrote:
Saan wrote:
Okay, here we go:

1) oh yeah. must have messed up when changing agendas around.

2) that is a goddamn very good point I kinda forgot about (wishful thinking probably)
I guess (hope) less heavy ice on cores and stick those on remotes instead will kind of balance out and achive similar end result.

3) yes I was struggling to keep to 49 cards. Is it worth going over 49 cards to get extra ice or should cut something else?

Well, going over 49 isnt an option, since that will make it so you need more agenda points.

As far as what to cut - Neural EMP, maybe. I dont like it as much with the new identity, since you are playing more fast advance and less flatline.

Could also consider cutting Chum for an ETR ice. Its not a good outermost ice for your central servers, since much of the time they plan to jack out right after it. Im not sold on that idea, because chum is a very solid and cheap ice for your remotes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok might drop neural emp then. Having those and data mine might be too much. although the threat of neural emp does fit strategy of making runner draw more than they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you trade out the data mines for Shadow, it might work better...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrushU wrote:
I think if you trade out the data mines for Shadow, it might work better...

Must admit don't really have any experience with Shadow. I don't have anything that exploits tags (other than private security) so presumably it's mainly for the credits?
I would like more sentries actually as I seem a bit barrier heavy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.