Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inconceivable! The Princess Bride: The Board Game will be a series of tabletop games, published by Game Salute, with product releases beginning in 2013.

In order to do justice to the entire story, The Princess Bride: The Board Game is comprised of individual scenes, with each scene presenting a mini-game that advances players through the central story. This allows players looking for a quick, fun visit to a beloved classic to play a game that lasts under an hour, while players who want to experience the entire Princess Bride story in one sitting can enjoy an epic day of fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles…

Dan Yarrington, CEO of Game Salute, expressed the enthusiasm of the entire Game Salute team for the project: “I absolutely adore The Princess Bride! It’s a classic tale full of excitement and adventure for the whole family. With so many classic scenes, it’s a perfect fit for our new Storybuilding Game™ line. Our entire team is thrilled to be working on creating amazing game experiences for players of all ages”.

Game Salute has a team of top-notch game designers putting together individual scenes for our initial release, and you can participate in expanding the game. If you have a good, quick game that would make a good Princess Bride scene, you can fill out this form to start the process of submitting your work to be considered for a scene in The Princess Bride: The Board Game.

Game Salute has rights to publishing board games, card games, dice games, party games, roleplaying games, and game accessories for The Princess Bride. And each of these titles will tie back into the board game line, so you can mix and match scenes to fit your gaming group.

This is your chance to brave the perils of the fire swamp, challenge your friend to a battle of wits, or just have fun storming the castle! When we’re through with it, these Princess Bride games will be exactly…
As you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Cantrell
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is inconceivable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
djthree6t wrote:
inconceivable.

That word; I do not think it means what you think it means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Uncle Pennybags
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody want a peanut?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Ingalls
United States
Lilburn
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to the kickstarter page. So it is Apples to Apples Princess Bride-ified? Is that more or less how the game plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
ITT - A bunch of tired quotes from people who should be instead asking:
Quote:
Why on earth would I buy this?

Looks terrible.

*runs and hides*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marguerite Cottrell
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
are any of these proposed games going to use real mechanics? strategy? The world and story are so great, there's no reason these all had to be fluff :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys just keep on devaluing that "Seal of Quality" month ofter month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Basham
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I quit!
badge
mbmbmb
I wouldn't buy this "game" for zero dollars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
jpseasia wrote:
Went to the kickstarter page. So it is Apples to Apples Princess Bride-ified? Is that more or less how the game plays.

Pretty close.
The "Full Montoya" game mode adds in a little more creativity on the part of the judge, which I haven't seen in other games in the genre. But people who've played Apples to Apples probably know how to play the first two game modes just by looking at the cover of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P. McIver
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
jpseasia wrote:

Pretty close.
The "Full Montoya" game mode adds in a little more creativity on the part of the judge, which I haven't seen in other games in the genre. But people who've played Apples to Apples probably know how to play the first two game modes just by looking at the cover of the box.

So you took a licensed property and slapped Apples to Apples rules on it, what exactly did you "design" again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Ingalls
United States
Lilburn
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for replying.

Given the negative tone of some of the other comments I feel compelled to at least say I didn't intend anything negative. I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was looking at. I imagine some funny moments coming out of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... so you're going to break 'The Princess Bride' into a series of small games that collectively come together to tell the full story of the movie?

Okay... so explain to me please, how a game that is nothing but repeated rounds of "Hello, my name is _________, you ________ my __________. Prepare to die!" has any role whatsoever in this plan.

It's also extremely troubling to me that you seem to have no long term plan other than "we're going to take a bunch of random games and slap 'The Princess Bride' onto them." You even have a call out for designers to send in their game ideas for you to use toward this goal.

And finally, if you're charging $30 for the "Hello, my name is..." game, how much money total will it cost to finally have this complete, multi-part 'The Princess Bride' boardgame experience?

Sounds to me like just buying and watching the movie will be a far better, less expensive, and more satisfying experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Springboard by Game Salute
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
We've made a change to our Kickstarter account so there's a new URL for the Princess Bride: Prepare To Die! project page...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/the-princess-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there a mercy kill and only the first "game" (sic) was inflicted on humanity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
Was there a mercy kill and only the first "game" (sic) was inflicted on humanity?

Sadly, no. I think the GenCon preview Geeklist has three or four more listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Springboard by Game Salute
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
- any chance of an update on Legends of the American Frontier? Has it been sent to the printers yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.