Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Conquest Token Question (How do you gain and lose them?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Woody LaBar
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi.  Just read the rules (twice) and I am still having a hard time understanding how heroes recieve and lose conquest tokens.  I understand that they start out with with a set number dictated by the quest you are doing.  It says that you gain conquest tokens by:

A. activating glyphs (3 tokens)
B. opening chests  (indicated in OL Quest Guide)
C. completing other tasks

My questions are:

1.  What does it mean by "completing other tasks"...are they talking ONLY about the tokens you get for winning the game or do some other events grant extra tokens?

2.  Do you get conquest tokens every time you kill an enemy (is that what the "conquest value" on your hero card is used for)?

3.  When you are killed by an enemy, do you lose the number of conquest tokens as indicated on you "conquest value" on your hero card?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide me.  

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bangor boy wrote:
Hi.  Just read the rules (twice) and I am still having a hard time understanding how heroes recieve and lose conquest tokens.  I understand that they start out with with a set number dictated by the quest you are doing.  It says that you gain conquest tokens by:

A. activating glyphs (3 tokens)
B. opening chests  (indicated in OL Quest Guide)
C. completing other tasks

My questions are:

1.  What does it mean by "completing other tasks"...are they talking ONLY about the tokens you get for winning the game or do some other events grant extra tokens?

2.  Do you get conquest tokens every time you kill an enemy (is that what the "conquest value" on your hero card is used for)?

3.  When you are killed by an enemy, do you lose the number of conquest tokens as indicated on you "conquest value" on your hero card?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide me.  

The Overlord's Quest Guide will give instructions about handing out tokens for completing certain tasks. If you do something unusual during the adventure, be sure to ask the OL if you're supposed to get any Conquest tokens.

Your Conquest Value is how many tokens the party loses if the Overlord manages to kill you. You only get Conquest tokens for killing certain "named" monsters. In many quests, this will also end your quest, so those extra tokens may not mean much. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Coker
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only direct reward you receive for killing a monster is the 50 gold bounty for killing a master monster. I completely missed this rule my first couple of plays, even though it's right there in bold on page 16 of the rules.

Other rewards and events will be specific to and mentioned in each scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.