Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do other people use to store the game in? I received the expansion and the bonus 2nd story board and it no longer fits in the original box. So please show me what you are using for storage :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Ristow
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the base box for all of the boards, and the little box that they shipped the firefighters in from the Kickstarter for everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
It fits , you just have to take out the insert and spread stuff out. If you have the plastic firefighters, you have to shift all the boards to one side and then insert part of the mini bases in between the box side and the boards.

Thats what I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
It fits , you just have to take out the insert and spread stuff out. If you have the plastic firefighters, you have to shift all the boards to one side and then insert part of the mini bases in between the box side and the boards.

Thats what I do.

I tried this last weekend and it actually worked, but the lid a few millimeters. I wouldn't stack anything on top of it that way though.

I think I'm going the other way and keeping all the boards in the original box, and putting all the other components in plano/bead boxes. Easier to setup- just open them up and start playing. (no baggies, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the "bonus 2nd story board"?

Or do you mean you have both Urban Structures, and 2nd Story?

Anyway, I've got both the expansions, and I just sit the expansion boards and rules on top of the core game boards and rules.

Oh and I've kept the insert in.

All the tokens, etc, are baggied up, and those from the main game go in the central portion of the insert, and those from Urban Structures go underneath the insert at one end (or the other).

It does require some careful baggying to get everything from the core game to site nice in the central area, but it can be done.

Oh and the extra boards mean the lid sits maybe half an inch off fully down, but it's snug as a bug and doesn't appear to pose any kind of problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason (sans nation)
Germany
Holzhausen
March
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition with the basic pawns and all the expansions. I can *just* get it all in the base box and close the lid flat... but I wouldn't want to drop it on my foot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I have all the boards in one box all the rest in a seperate plastic box. No problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the boards in the main box with all the tokens. I store the wooden meeples in the box and have the plastic ones on the bookshelf beside.

Probably do need to revise this, as I've been taking the plastic meeples alone and everyone agrees that they add a lot to the game. So really the wooden meeples might store better, but don't appeal as much any more (although were a great improvement from the wooden pawns).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moonglow wrote:
I have all the boards in the main box with all the tokens. I store the wooden meeples in the box and have the plastic ones on the bookshelf beside.

Probably do need to revise this, as I've been taking the plastic meeples alone and everyone agrees that they add a lot to the game. So really the wooden meeples might store better, but don't appeal as much any more (although were a great improvement from the wooden pawns).

Yea I have custom figurines I made. It really adds to the game, and sadly I have to carry them separate with the extra boards. I am hoping to make a custom Firehouse box at some point that will fit everything, but I haven't had the time to do it yet

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1288038/flash-point-fire-resc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:

Thats what I do.

I think that this works for the 1st edition box... But unfortunately my 2nd edition box is not high enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.