Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikos II
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've come up with some simple variants that change-up gameplay ...

1. Difficulty level: Decide on a difficulty level of 1 to 5 (inclusive). For each entrance space (when a cross is drawn), roll a die. If the die result is higher than the difficulty level, do NOT add a zombie into that entrance space. This has an interesting benefit of breaking up the contiguous zombie train into intermittent clumps, encouraging players to run through gaps in the zombies. This makes thematic sense in that zombies don't come at the same rate in every direction. Of course a ton of die rolling isn't fun so I've made sure to have lots of dice available. Anyway, I recommend 3 or 4 as the difficulty level, with 5 if you want more of a classic game feel.

2. Zombie density: A maximum of 2 zombies per board space, except for the spaces directly in front of barricades/doors (then up to 4, as per the normal rules). When the barricades fall, the 4 zombies split: 2 zombies advance two spaces forward and the other 2 zombies just one space. This makes sense in that zombies don't pile up except when trying to grab/reach through barricades.

3. Barricade building: If a player is building barricades using a powered-up nail gun then they can build two barricades per action. Seems sensible since that scenario is relatively rare.

4. Firearms variant: See other thread ... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/874924/firearms-variant

5. Customized Characters: I made customized characters for the friends/family that can/will play the game. Each character has specific starting item(s). Bonus actions available are based on their real life persona (ex. education, experience, personality, character traits, on-going jokes about them). The actions are actually useful/powerful, so difficulty level should be adjusted accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.