1 Posts

Summoner Wars: Master Set» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Sand Goblins vs the Benders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last time I played with the benders I lost by a few rolls to the Shadow Elves. I knew that wouldn't do so I picked them again while my opponent picked the Sand Goblins.

The Sand Goblins moved first and in the beginning I thought I was going to be quickly overwhelmed. I used two deceivers on both sides of the board and was able to stop the Sand Goblins early advance. I didn't kill these enemy units and they formed makeshift walls. My opponent should have killed his units because there was no other easy way to get them unstuck. So most of the game I had these units frozen in place. By doing this, I was able to take a defensive position. I played a few Magic Drains and took control of one of his units early on. I thought that with my deceivers blocking off both sides of the board, I could easily win.

That's when he played taunt and took my deceivers and placed them next to his units on both sides of the board. This killed them of course and I was mad I had forgot about that ability. I played some more deceivers and right after that he used another taunt. So my plan was destroyed but I still had a good lead. My opponent played two of his champions and I continued to use the few units I had to protect Tacullu in the lower right corner. This is one disadvantage the Sand Goblins have when playing the Benders; their champions are easy to dispose of with Tacullu's ability. I only removed one of his champions this way however and blocked the other enemy champion off with common units.

The last two cards I drew were my wall cards so it was easy to protect Tacullu from harm. Then I summoned Gull Dune and surrounded Krusk. I won with only one wound on Tacullu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.