Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
terry simms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
The only thing I don't like about talisman is having to move the full movement of your dice roll,would it mess the game up that much if you could just move upto to the roll? Eg.if I rolled a 4 I could move 1 2 3 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It won't mess the game, after all it's your game. But it's sort of missing the point. Most of the fun of Talisman is in random exploration, when you, as an evil character, has to choose on landing between the Church and the Demon. Using that variant would remove a lot of that.

Also, the person who rolls, on average, higher, will have definite advantage.

Of course, YMMV. Fun is different for each person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will make getting to a certain place a whole lot easier, which sort of changes things quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Brackney
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are items in the expanded game that give you greater movement flexibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite movement mod is listed in the variants section here. Roll two dice in the outer region and use either for your movement. On doubles, move any amount up to the number rolled. In the middle region, just roll one die.

When I have the riding horse, I then allow bother either die or the addition of their values.

It still offers some randomness but with a few more options and rolling doubles is fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A nifty movement trick we've found that allows you to peg down places of interest you wish to revisit on the board is linked to the Treasure Hunter Follower.
This Follower card states:
If you move into a space that contains one or more Objects, you may end your move there instead of moving the full distance as indicated by the dire roll

Now, since players are allowed to ditch Objects at any time, you may ditch an Object of little value on a space you wish to visit again(could be one of the resource pools), and voila, just dance around that space.

Yea, I know you can abuse The Poltergeist this way as well, but we houseruled this Follower to disallow one-square hopping in either direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.