Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Monroe
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

I started playing a simplified version of D2 with my young son and started thinking of simple things I could do that would be exciting while also helping to teach him the basic game mechanics. While mulling over ideas I thought... we could each pick a hero, outfit him or her with skills and equipment, and have a duel. Then I began thinking of the possibilities of the idea and how deep you could get with just a few house rules and a little creativity. Tournaments, team battles, duels, waves of monsters, etc...

Has anyone touched on the idea of duels or arena style combat? It's something I'll most likely be exploring and wondered if any ground had already been laid. Otherwise, ideas and input, good or bad, is much welcomed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Tower Defense mod for Descent would be wicked awesome :-)

Also, I would very much like a HeroQuest-style version where the map is revealed gradually and such. Alas, I can consider myself happy to get my gaming group together every couple of weeks, let alone make them playtest any ideas :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
krunsH himself
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think for things like this the Descent Quest Vault is the right place to be:
http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/

There is at least one user made quest which focuses on pvp:
http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/descent/htmlpreview/99/

i haven't read through it though..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Monroe
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. I was also thinking a "gradual reveal" of the dungeon would be nice.

And thanks for the resources. Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.