Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a hunch this is the week we get the cover for The Guilds.
And judging from this Geek game entry it is called The Guilds and not just Guilds.

Too bad its the last expansion. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of glad this is the last expansion. The storage box I use to hold everything is close to full so if they go beyond Guilds I will have to find another solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Hockey Mask wrote:
And judging from this Geek game entry it is called The Guilds and not just Guilds.

So far I think it's called Dominion: Guilds. I've always called it that and Jay didn't mention renaming it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
Hockey Mask wrote:

So far I think it's called Dominion: Guilds. I've always called it that and Jay didn't mention renaming it.

But no mention if this is the week we get the cover? Hmmmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nukerdo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
I'm kind of glad this is the last expansion. The storage box I use to hold everything is close to full so if they go beyond Guilds I will have to find another solution.

DXV, please stop making Dominion expansions so Todd's storage solution will continue to suffice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Hockey Mask wrote:
But no mention if this is the week we get the cover? Hmmmmm...

Odds are that when I find out that RGG posted the cover, it will be due to me seeing a thread about it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
stdmfn29 wrote:
Mundane wrote:

DXV, please stop making Dominion expansions so Todd's storage solution will continue to suffice.

Boooooooo.

I sincerely hope that the fabled 'grab bag' expansion still happens that includes bits of everything (more Potion costed cards, more Durations, more things that feel that they 'belong' in a previous expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkymadigan wrote:
stdmfn29 wrote:
Mundane wrote:

Boooooooo.

I sincerely hope that the fabled 'grab bag' expansion still happens that includes bits of everything (more Potion costed cards, more Durations, more things that feel that they 'belong' in a previous expansion).

While I like the big expansions, I'd also still like to see booster pack style expansions of 1-2 new sets of kingdom cards. Essentially turning out promo card packs for retail sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magesmiley wrote:
pinkymadigan wrote:
stdmfn29 wrote:
Mundane wrote:

Boooooooo.

While I like the big expansions, I'd also still like to see booster pack style expansions of 1-2 new sets of kingdom cards. Essentially turning out promo card packs for retail sale.

I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Rio news dated 1/29 is posted here:

http://www.riograndegames.com/uploads/FileUpload/news110.pdf

There's a passing mention that "Later this spring we plan to release...Dominion: The Guilds."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
xitoliv wrote:

There's a passing mention that "Later this spring we plan to release...Dominion: The Guilds."

Ugh.
So, to recap:

Alchemy
Cornucopia
Dark Ages
Hinterlands
Intrigue
Prosperity
Seaside
The Guilds

That seems like a mistake. It also makes me want to use 'the' in front of all the names of expansions.

Later I will play a few mixed sets with The Alchemy and The Prosperity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the intrigued by The Guilds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Brännström
msg tools
I'd just like to point out that this may not be the last expansion.

Here's a quote from an interview with Mr. Vaccarino:

"Still, it’s likely that at some point the publishers will want another expansion and, well, I like to be friendly. So I can’t guarantee that Guilds is the end of the line, but you can at least think of it as a dividing point between regular expansions and occasional expansions."

Here's the complete interview: http://opinionatedgamers.com/2012/05/11/the-art-of-design-in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like a few more with Potion cost, following The Guilds (or even as part of it). That may invigorate The Alchemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hansbro wrote:
I would also like a few more with Potion cost, following The Guilds (or even as part of it). That may invigorate The Alchemy.

While The Alchemy could really benefit, I think there were terrific opportunities missed for stacking global effects with Durations that some fan cards came up with. I'm sure Donald could do some cool stuff there that would add to The Seaside (not that it needs added to, but I think an all-orange kingdom could be fun).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkymadigan wrote:
hansbro wrote:

While The Alchemy could really benefit, I think there were terrific opportunities missed for stacking global effects with Durations that some fan cards came up with. I'm sure Donald could do some cool stuff there that would add to The Seaside (not that it needs added to, but I think an all-orange kingdom could be fun).

I could not agree more.
So, after Guilds (sorry, The Guilds) lets have a superexpansion with lots of Potions, Durations, Interactions, etc. I am thinking Donald could easily create a 1000 card expansion with all that and blow all the storage solutions out of the water while we're at it.
Let's call it "The Terminator 1" (leaves options open for 2, 3, etc).

I am obviously just joking (am I???).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nukerdo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkymadigan wrote:
xitoliv wrote:

Ugh.
So, to recap:

Alchemy
Cornucopia
Dark Ages
Hinterlands
Intrigue
Prosperity
Seaside
The Guilds

That seems like a mistake. It also makes me want to use 'the' in front of all the names of expansions.

Later I will play a few mixed sets with The Alchemy and The Prosperity.

Crisis averted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "No, this is not the week we find out more."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Plourde
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody should suggest to RGG to do Dominion: The Storage ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
because it's all I ever wanted to be..
badge
Cloning gamers since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait, but I feel I've barely scrached the surface of Dark Ages.

(The Dark Ages).....ok

I just can't wait to see what's next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thuru Uma
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
I'm afraid that this isn't even going to be the quarter we find out more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jukunawi wrote:
I'm afraid that this isn't even going to be the quarter we find out more.

Is this a hunch, or is there some news I missed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Well, the next quarter begins in 2½ weeks—so even Q2 wouldn't be very long from now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
Well, the next quarter begins in 2½ weeks

*Does the 'bonus check' dance*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enfynet enfynet
msg tools
mb
And "Spring" is in just about a week. From then we've only got 3 months of possible release dates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.