Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure I saw a post somewhere in the past, so excuse me if I am doubling up on this. I am looking for designers living in the Greater Lower Mainland. I live in Burnaby near Lougheed Mall, not that I am against travelling but I figure people closer you are more likely to connect with more often.

I have an idea for a game and am looking for someone to possibly team up with to develop the idea. I have the basic concept and more importantly the main driving mechanism(for lack of a better term) figured out. I could probably figure it all out on my own, but two heads are often better than one.

It is space themed or possibly future themed as the movement I am envisioning is best suited for a themes that make you think about multi dimensional movement. The other thing I can tell you right now is that it will be an expanding universe made up of hex tiles. I think these are the two most important things as I think the theme and the style of game will speak to some people but not others.

If what I have said sparks some interest drop me a geek mail and we can talk more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yuasa
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Monchichi,

I was the one who posted a message for fellow aspiring game designers in the Vancouver area.

It sounds like I'm in a very similar position to yours. I have a few ideas that I've been developing over the last couple of years, but I'd like to take them further with a collaborator.

I live in East Van but I'm at Lougheed Mall every Wednesday for Board Games at Ages 3 and Up.

Please feel free to drop by. I am one of the organizers for the game night so it would be great to meetup and exchange notes so to speak.

I hope to see you there. If there is another time that works better for you, I'm sure we can work something out.

Cheers,

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agust Blondy
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello! I am a budding designer myself. I'm currently working on a game I've called Market Day and I'd love to have some collaborators and support. and to help others. I work in Burnaby and I'd love to meet up every other week or so. Play testing each others games is what I'd really like to do. Let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm out in Surrey. Might be a worthwhile cause to meet up sometime and just do a little meet and great and toss ideas around. It would be nice to have some local people to bounce ideas off of or to use for some play testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that as soon as I have something more concrete I would be into that. Right now I have some stuff going on that has made me put things on the back burner for a bit. First thing I need to do is make some 80-100 hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan مروان
Canada
Metro Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the Tri-Cities area, and would be happy to play test some of the games and ideas!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yuasa
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

this is Mark. As I told Monchi, I'm playing board games at Ages 3 and Up in Lougheed Center almost every Wednesday from 6-9pm.

Feel free to drop by and ask for Mark.

I'm happy to talk about game designs and help play-test. If you have a prototype bring it by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone down for a get together sometime? Play some games and talk over ideas we have for things. Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had to put things on the back burner for a while so I am no where near ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yuasa
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's do it.

I am out of town this weekend but should be flexible otherwise.

As I mentioned, I'm at Ages 3 and Up in Lougheed Centre every Wednesday fro m 6pm to 9pm. Could meet after 9 if that isn't to late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yuasa
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's been a while. I was just listening to this Ludology episode and was reminded of this thread.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1625245/ludology-134-theres-...

I'm still seeking a collaborator/mutual sounding board. Please DM if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.