Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Onexeno» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solitaire Version seems impossible (as stated in the official rules)! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
endless dreamer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone successfully played the solitaire version? I find it a little hard to believe that it is possible to get an 8 x 8 grid when going through the deck only one time (as stated in the official rules).

The largest grid I have completed is 4 x 4. I was able to get one card shy of completing the 5 x 5 grid though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been tinkering with this and it does seem really hard, although this may just mean I'm playing it very wrongly.

Something you could try for an entertaining and slightly less frustrating time (based on how many times I've gotten stuck with a single empty space) is to expand the playing space to (N+1)x(N-1) when your NxN space is down to a single empty space rather than completely full. This allows you to work around a frustratingly difficult-to-fill space rather than just burning through the deck.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endless dreamer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sometimes 'cheat' and go through the deck a couple times. hehe..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
endlsdremr wrote:
I sometimes 'cheat' and go through the deck a couple times. hehe..

That works, but this way you are constrained, just not quite _as_ constrained.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.