Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the subject indicated, it was the first game for both me and my wife. I've read the rules and taught my wife as we played.

My longest destination was Lisboa to Danzic, in my shorter routes were Kyiv-Sochi, Bruxelles-Danzic and Zurick-Budapest, my wife choose to remove her longest destination, at least to learn the basic of the game.

We both started slowly by putting some 2 or 3 trains routes, but we realized early on that the shuffling I did on the cards was not enough, as we draw a few locos in a row. So I re-shuffled the remaning cards and the rest of the game was a bit more random. With a 2 player game, it's easy not to use a station as the destinations can easily be made without using the other player's routes; I assume that with 3 to 5 players this would be a bit more complex.

We both picked destinations only once. I assume that with a higher number of players, we would have picked more often destinations as we would see that the destinations would be hard to finish.

In the end, I used one station to finish a route, my wife had the longest route. I managed to do all my 6 destinations, but my wife needed a 4 train route (with only 1 train left) to finish her 6th destination. I won 127 to 117, not bad, it was very tight all along, the only difference was that I had kept my longest route and managed to get shorter routes that were helping me build my longer destination.

As a first game, I was a bit disapointed, maybe because I was expecting a lot more from the game because of the review and the feedback I got from other people. Overall, though, I liked the game; it was fun, not too complex (more than I expected, this is probably why I was disapointed), and interresting.

The more we'll know Europe, the more fun it will be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.