Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I like Monsterpocalypse. I bought a 2p Battlebox. Then I bought a bunch of other stuff. I'm still looking to pick more up, even though it seems the game has been discontinued. (Seems I always fall for discontinued games soblue - my other favourites are MechWarrior: Dark Age and the Pirates! constructible strategy game)

I've enjoyed getting some really useful MonPoc information from the wiki hosted by Team Covenant. http://teamcovenant.com/wiki/Portal:Monsterpocalypse

Now that it seems TC and Privateer Press have issues, I'm worried that source of information may dry up, which would be a shame.

I'm tempted to cut and paste info from their wiki into an MS Word document file, just to have a copy in case the wiki suddenly vanishes, but that's really labour intensive.

Does anyone know an easy way to archive content from a wiki site? Or just archive the site onto a local hard drive?
Alternately, has anyone already gone the labour intensive word processor document cut and paste route and might e-mail it to me? (PM for e-mail address)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry, I don't know. but I just wanted to comment. it's actually not a bad time to get into this game because you can get a lot of this stuff really cheap and it's a good game. I got in on this towards the end too and got a lot of stuff for cheap. I'm glad I didn't get it at the beginning because buying monsters for $30 a pop would've been way too expensive for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are leeching tools that allow you to download entire websties. Google it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Barasona
United States
Snoqualmie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone actually do this (copy all the TC wiki info)?

Now that it's gone, I really wish I did copy all the strategy they had posted for each of the hyper forms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never did. I hope someone may have. It would be a shame if it were all lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.