Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sozio
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, I tried going to the Sabertooth Games forums for LotR:TMG but it appears they aren't allowing new registrations. I looked about the web and couldn't find a better forum to discuss the game, so I returned here to ask a question.

I'm looking to make custom figures on the typical hex bases that LotR:TMG use. I have a bunch that I removed the figures from to use in other games. Anyhow, what I'm looking for are figures (plastic preferable over metal) that will equate to approximately the same size as the figures in LotR:TMG.

Here is what I'm looking for.

Skeletons
Zombies
Ghouls
Giant Rats
Giant Bats
Cave Bears
Dragons
Barrow Wights

I think that might be it. Can anyone suggest anything that will size up about even to the LotR:TMG sized figures? I tried looking at Warhammer Fantasy skeletons but they are much smaller than the typical human mini from TMG. I also looked at the Reaper Legendary Encounters pre-painted plastic figures and they are even smaller than the Warhammer stuff.

So, if anyone can suggest some miniatures I'd appreciate it. One thing to note is that I'd like to keep the look and feel of the figures close to the original figures. For Example I was looking for a Mountain Giant and saw Jotun from Heroscape. He would work fine alongside the original TMG minis.

Thanks,
John

PS: Anyone here that can suggest any parts or pieces that I could use to make the Watcher in the Water? Or at least something similar with the tentacles and such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bud Sinigaglio
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You mentioned Jotun from Heroscape. You might find that the Heroscape minis are as close to the right size as any other minis you might find. Most miniatures are smaller than the Combat Hex ones. I know Heroscape has zombies and dragons for sure. The zombies can be quite expensive these days. Heroscape also had the "Shades of Bleakwoode" that could serve as ghouls or Barrow Wights.

I'm a member over at Snaggletoothgames. If you want in I can check with the moderators over there and give you some guidance on how to start a membership. Their forum recently changed so they have one or two bugs to iron out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree with Elven Archer that the HeroScape figures are about as close in size/scale to the LotR:TMG ones as you will find anywhere. The "slightly smaller" is really minor. And they do have a huge variety of characters. You could also try MageKnight, HeroClix, Confrontation, and D&D Miniatures. All of these are (imho) similar in size/scale to each other and the LotR:TMG's.

SIDE NOTE: I am suprised that the SABERtoothGames website is still functioning at all and did not shut down completely when the game went Out Of Print. I am also a member of the quasi fan club which still uses the SNAGGLEtoothGames website for anything related to this game. It is run by fans for the fans and has nothing to do with the original publishers, producers, or designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.